Procharged, 6-spd 1996 Cobra FS/Trade

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
1996 Cobra For sale/trade
I've had this car for almost five years, it was a repossesed stolen vehicle so it has a rebuilt salvage title. I worked on it for two years before my father passed away in april 2003, it is the car that a father passed all his knowlegde of cars to his son through the prcoess of rebuliding and getting running(needless to say this car has great sentimental value to me). It was running in perfect condition and passed the Texas title process. After he passed away I decided to make it the car he always wanted which was an all out street/strip monster, so most of the mods done to it were after he passed. It is now sitting in storage and needs to just be put back together and have the transmission rebulit, there is some normal damage to the front bumper and driver side door is damaged where a tow truck driver moved it agaisnt a corner of the shop I had it at. Due to me having lost the heart to get it back up and running, I've decided to sell it to someone who could perhaps complete the dream that I had for this car.

I'm asking $8,000 dollars or trade for a 2001-2002 Honda CBR600F4i + $3,500 or a 2005-2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R. Here is an almost complete list of parts it has, I sometimes forget some small parts, if you would like to know more give me a call at 915-355-9557, or just reply here.

-Procharger D-1sc with 3 core aftercooler
-T-56 (is taken aprt in a box and just needs the 3rd gear synchros replaced)
-C&L mass air meter and inlet elbow
-BBK twin 65mm throttle body
-Probe forged pistons
-Manley h-beam con rods
-ARP head and mainstuds
-MSD dis-4 box, coil packs, and wires
-Steeda Ultracool radiator
-Ford racing 30lb injectors
-255lph in tank pump
-Kirban Fuel pressure regulator
-Spec stage 2 clutch and aluminium flywheel
-Steeda clutch quadrant, firewall adjuster
-Mac long tube headers, h-pipe with cats, and aftercats with 2 1/2in tips
-Ford Racing Cobra R wheels 17x9 all around
-Ford racing aluminium driveshaft
-Ford Racing 3.73 gears
-Auburn pro rear differential
-Moser 31 spline axles
-Steeda upper and lower control arms
-steeda sub frame connectors
-Eibach Springs with i belive a 1 1/2-2in drop
-Tokico 5 wat adjustable front shocks
-Maximun Motorsport adjustable caster/camber plates
-Diablo chip(needs to have a custom tune)
-Autometer boost gauge, a-pillar 2 pod gauge cluster(no fuel pressure gauge as shown in pic)

Countless other parts such as wiring harnesses, oil pump, colant tubes, bolts etc etc have less than 2,000 miles on them, while the title says 89,xxx the odometer now reads 100,xxx due to the gauge cluster not working and needing to be replaced. Before I get any responses about how $8,000 is too much for a car that dose not run, I point out that the parts alone are worth more than $8,000 and the sentimental value too me is priceless. You may have seen posts for this car before but now I have things more organized now, becasue I have fianlly recovered, from being stationed in the path of hurricane Katrina.

Sorry for the long post, but I needed to get the reason why I'm selling this car out there, so you can realize that this car is not a piece of shyt I'm just trying to get rid of, but that it is a chapter of my life that needs to have an ending and this is the only way I think it will work. There are a few other things I would be more than happy to inclued with the car if interested, just ask. Thank you and agian if you have any questions about it give me a call at 915-355-9557, post here or e-mail at either [email protected] or [email protected]

cobra5.jpg

cobra2.jpg

cobra.jpg

cobra4.jpg

cobra3.jpg

cobra6.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

not all pictures are completely accruate, such as the engine compartment looks like the one where it is taken apart, and there is no fuel pressure gauge.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
If anyone in the Tucson/Phoenix area would be interested in buying it I would be willing to offer my help in putting it back togetjer, I know the car inside and out like the back of my hand.

Users who are viewing this thread