Prochamber guys please come in....

tomcat

Forever Foxbodys
Established Member
Need your experience, guys....
My current setup is: stock manifolds, UPR Catted X-pipe, Borla NON-stingers.
The things I like about this current setup: 1) sounds great when I'm hard on the gas and (2) not too loud when I'm just cruising ~1500 - 2500 rpms.
The thing I don't like about this setup: (1) Gurgly exhaust sound off idle and (2) somewhat raspy on normal take off 0 -30 mph or so (normal acceleration).
So.........
I've heard good things about the Prochamber (actually had one on my 5.0 Notch a few cars ago and sounded crisp and mean but not stupid loud)
I know it's hard to explain exhaust sounds in words, and I'm also sure that sound clips don't quite capture the real thing either. Overall, are you guys happy with yours? Is there any rasp or that gurgle off idle? Too loud? Perfect? I know the Borla is restrictive contributes to the overall sound, but I like the fact that I can hear myself think when I'm just cruising . I would definitely appreciate any of your experience / thoughts here. :thumbsup:Thanks! -Tom

Mustang Matt

Established Member
I've got jba shorties, off road pro-chamber, flowmaster 2 chambers with stock tailpipes and it's not gurgly sounding but it is a bit too loud at idle for my taste.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I've got the o/r prochamber and bassani cat back. The sound is epic. Its not as loud as a usual o/r midpipe car. And I have this range from 2200-2600 that is almost silent cruising.

cliesch22

Established Member
I have stock exhaust manifolds, o/r prochamber and flowmaster catback. Love the sound at idle. Love the high RPM Sound. About 2500 RPM it has very deep note. As driving and coming up to red light, sound is very deep. All in all, I love it and would definitly recommend.

Jroc

Established Member
I ran a o/r Prochamber with M55's and it sounded awesome.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Ford shorty headers, o/r chamber and maggies, <--- very happy with sound, would mind if it was tad louder :shrug:

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
o/r prochamber and 2.5 mac cb here and love it. yes its loud and sometimes a little raspy but imo sounds great. used to have catted magnaflow and no way am I looking back

RED2003COBRA

Established Member
How about a prochamber with SLP Loudmouth II Catback? I had the prochamber and flowmasters on my old GT and loved it. Really thinking about another prochamber on the cobra.

venom one

Schoolin' your kids
Established Member
[ame="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v248/mandolin1313/?action=view&current=41eed613.flv"]Bassani mid-length, O/R Prochamber, Flowmaster 44s[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread