ProChamber Cut and Clamp Installed

fmylife

Established Member
I really liked the sound of the PC on my '06 GT that I had a while ago but they don't list the PC2105 for the GT500. I saw a thread from a while ago that someone asked AmericanMuscle and they also said it doesn't fit the GT500. Got curious so I asked Mac directly and they said the cut and clamp will fit just fine. Found some comparison pictures of a GT versus GT500 midpipe and they look identical up to the header connection so I took a chance and bought a PC C&C on Ebay for just under $300 shipped.

Got it installed today with the only thing being a problem is the hangers aren't needed and can hit a bolt on the crossmember.

Q27l1Pv.jpg

PHvbpoL.jpg

dHeGPKW.jpg

I've had the KR axleback for a little while now and with the addition of the PC, it surprisingly quieted down a bit. It sounded a little farty and raspy with the X but now it's really smooth and lower tone. So, if you want to cut some drone and volume, get a ProChamber in place of your stock X! :lol:

[video=youtube;g0iURqdFgS4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0iURqdFgS4[/video]

Last edited:

Sielmo

Established Member
Interesting. I installed the complete SW exhaust on my Shelby and the rasp was annoying. Just installed 18" resonators and the rasp is lessened a bit but still there. Might be worth considering. I wonder if there is a performance degradation?

fmylife

Established Member
Interesting. I installed the complete SW exhaust on my Shelby and the rasp was annoying. Just installed 18" resonators and the rasp is lessened a bit but still there. Might be worth considering. I wonder if there is a performance degradation?

Sounds great, I like it!..according to their own site it increases torque and horsepower. I'd have to see dyno results to believe it.

http://shop.macperformance.com/MAC-...010-Pro-Chamber-to-Stock-Manifolds-PC5500.htm
I'm gonna be kicking myself in the ass for a while over this because I really wanted to get it dyno'd before and after but I just couldn't get it there before my friend could get me some time on his lift.

Doesn't feel like it lost any power but I also haven't been able to get on it much due to some crappy weather.

That full offroad PC will likely gain some power over just because of no cats. How much more than an OR X, not sure...

Last edited:

fmylife

Established Member
Damnit...I really wish I had gotten a baseline dyno before modding or at least once before installing the PC.

OD3DCrl.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread