Procal with Offroad Pipe

SoldierSnake

Like a kid again.
Established Member
Now that Lethal sells an off-road x pipe with modular cat deletes I was wondering if anyone has dynoed a car with Procal tune and ORX? I know that it wont make as much power as a custom tune, but I wonder if once the ECU learns the less restrictive exhaust if the gains would be worth it. So has anyone dynoed it?

Thanks.

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
I believe by removing the cats you will gain about 10hp. So what are you going to do about the CEL?

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
I believe by removing the cats you will gain about 10hp. So what are you going to do about the CEL?

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2
Good question seeing as how the Pro-Cal does not offer the ability to turn it off!

With the CEL on, does it come on and off (Blink) or does it have a "ding" sound!? If it's just a steady light I could prob deal with it. :dw:

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
you would need to tune for the offroad pipe to take advantage of it. The procal tune wont compensate for it as the tune is setup for having cats.

The purpose of using an sct vs pro-cal with an offroad pipe isnt only to turn off the rear 02's, you also turn off the "cat temp protection" within the tune as well. This feature dumps fuel to cool your stock cats, when taking the cats off with this feature implemented you're gonna loose power and the fumes will be awful

ebrow21

Established Member
ZERO hp. I dyno'd my procal car with and without the o/r -x on the same dyno. The overlays were exactly the same. I then did back to back runs, procal vs email tune. Procal alone= 10hp over stock. Procal + O/R X + Airaid= 10hp over stock. Procal + o/r x airaid + email tune = 20hp over stock.

I have a 12 Gt Auto.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
ZERO hp. I dyno'd my procal car with and without the o/r -x on the same dyno. The overlays were exactly the same. I then did back to back runs, procal vs email tune. Procal alone= 10hp over stock. Procal + O/R X + Airaid= 10hp over stock. Procal + o/r x airaid + email tune = 20hp over stock.

I have a 12 Gt Auto.

Cant get any better of an answer there....lol good info!

atistang

Established Member
you would need to tune for the offroad pipe to take advantage of it. The procal tune wont compensate for it as the tune is setup for having cats.

The purpose of using an sct vs pro-cal with an offroad pipe isnt only to turn off the rear 02's, you also turn off the "cat temp protection" within the tune as well. This feature dumps fuel to cool your stock cats, when taking the cats off with this feature implemented you're gonna loose power and the fumes will be awful
According to Shaun this also is part of the reason for #8 problems

Users who are viewing this thread