Problems with Whipple/KB

MAD SVT

The guy with the Thing.
Established Member
ANY? Problems with Whipple/KB

:shrug:OK I NEED TO MAKE A DECISION BY THURSDAY, CARS GOING INTO THE SHOP, ive noticed alot of people stating their KB has locked up and its doing it after only like 5-10k miles.

how many miles have you guys been getting out of your blowers?

Last edited:

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
Whipple solves that problem.

Way better customer service, and way better at standing behind their product.

Sounds like a no-brainer to me:shrug:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I like the way the kb screams, but I can't risk the KBs leakin' oil everywhere, lol...I'm going whipple...plus they look better too, IMHO

GodStang

Established Member
On my third KB. Have had a KB for 4 years now and not 1 single problem other than snapping LVL 5 IRS axles. I have had questions in the past and dealt with KB and they were very nice and very helpful.

I have dealt with a major whipple person getting info on switching to the 3.4L back in the day, not saying who it is, and he was a major ass to me when trying to get info, but the good thing is you order from Lethal Performance or Tousley Ford and you don't have to deal with those dicks. Thats why I chose the 2.8LH when I did upgrade. Could not stand giving Whipple my money after that.

Both are great blowers and will give you great power gains. Make sure you build your fuel system.

WydOpen

Established Member
When I was in the market for a Cobra last spring/summer I was looking for a 3.4L Whipple or 2.8H KB convertible. I found my current car with the Kenne Bell. Honestly, I was really wanting to find a Whipple car but couldn't pass up the deal I got on mine. My blower was leaking before I bought the car (previous owner discounted the price as a result...he was very honest and upfront), but the mechanic that installed my long tubes and fuel rails a couple months ago fixed the problem for me. I can't complain otherwise about the blower. Just keep the right amount of oil in the supercharger according to KB and you shouldn't have issues. Mine has been running perfect and holding oil as it should. I probably have about 5-6,000 miles on mine.

Oh, and mine doesn't scream...and I kind of like that.

gnxs

Established Member
I'd say that has to be an isolated instance. Overall, I can't say I've heard of any failures with twin-screw blowers from either company. I've got 90,000+ on my Whipple with no issues.

lococobra03

Established Member
My Whipple locked up last week. It was do to a bottom plate bolt that was put in that was to long. Cost me 400 to get if fixed. Cant wait to get that baby back and slap it back on this weekend.

svt2ner

Established Member
I had kennebell 2.2 on my old car had 0 problems with it, my new one waiting for rest of my fuel mods then Ill throw on a kb 2.8.

and wydopen, you need to up your boost!

CobraKid04

Established Member
If its between a KB 2.4 and whipple then KB 2.4. If it's between 2.6+ and whipple then whipple all the way. I just love The way the old KB scream. JMO

2face

Established Member
WHIPPLE this WHIPPLE that all you dudes work at TASCA ford in cranston R.I? thats all they say put a WHIPPLE on it those DICKS couldnt evan tune my KB 2.6L there answer was and i quote ( put a whipple on it ) F... WHIPPLE!!!! KB FTW!!!

bigmoose

Established Member
WHIPPLE this WHIPPLE that all you dudes work at TASCA ford in cranston R.I? thats all they say put a WHIPPLE on it those DICKS couldnt evan tune my KB 2.6L there answer was and i quote ( put a whipple on it ) F... WHIPPLE!!!! KB FTW!!!

+1. are you the one i saw at tasca one day with a 2.6? TASCA cannot tune cars. I went for a re-tune by them when i ported my eaton. they ended up setting the timing at 13* and told me it was 21*. went to dez to verify because it felt like a dog, he fixed it.

Users who are viewing this thread