Problems with the PMAS slot style sensor!

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
Im having problems with my slot style sensor. Ever since my car had the supercharger the slot style has pegged at around 4800 rpm. I already had my cold side pipe remade to 3.5" tube which can handle lots of HP and it still pegs it, BUT the car has a really nice air fuel ratio curve when i got it tuned.

So me and my tuner came to conclusion that my sensor was bad because it pegs it at the same rpm since the begging. So i got a brand new sensor and i put it in and now the car barely runs, idles very rough. I tought that by putting the new sensor everything should be the same as with the previous sensor but its not. I tried reloading my tune and nothing. Could it be that the DAMN brand new sensor is bad once again or it just need a whole new tune for this new sensor??? :nonono: What are you guys thoughts?

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'd check the STFT's. If there was something wrong with the old sensor it's possible that the MAF transfer was adjusted around that problem. And when you put the new sensor in the transfer function is way off.

Are you sure you don't need a MAFia? I pegged my 2400 at 4500 or 4800 rpm and had to run the MAFia.

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
I'd check the STFT's. If there was something wrong with the old sensor it's possible that the MAF transfer was adjusted around that problem. And when you put the new sensor in the transfer function is way off.

Are you sure you don't need a MAFia? I pegged my 2400 at 4500 or 4800 rpm and had to run the MAFia.

What are STFT's?

There's no way i can peg a PMAS slot style sensor.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
short term fuel trims- there's a bank 1 and a bank 2 that you can select to datalog when using livelink. datalog those and post the results- try it at idle and then rev to 2000 and hold for a couple seconds as well.

Users who are viewing this thread