problems with my new clutch....

fedge

Alright fellas heres the deal. I got a new clutch put in about a month ago, the clutch they put in was a valeo 11inch luk clutch, it felt fine all the way up untill a few days ago, i was very easy on it and broke it in properly, it has maybe 2000 miles on it since it was replaced. Now at first the clutch wouldn't engage untill about oh maybe 2 inches off the floor board, and now it engages as soon as i let up on it and doesnt feel nearly as smooth as it did before. Also its hard to get it into 2nd when i have the rpms above 5k in 1st. So if you guys could let me know what you think is up with it i would greatly appreciate it! Thanks

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
of you are running the stock quadrant, make sure you adjusted it properly. You do this by simply pulling up on the pedal. It should click a few times if its out of wack. I suggest ditching the stock crap anyways, getting a aftermarket quadrant/cable/and firewall adjuster.

When my car wouldnt engage in the upper RPM's, it was due to a stretched cable. An un-adjusted pedal will result in the same issue. Hope this helps man

Users who are viewing this thread