problems with JLT

slewis

SML COBRA
Established Member
Anyone have problems with the maf after installing jlt cai? A buddy of mine just had his terminator tuned and they found his maf maxed out at 5 volts which can cause the computer to go to a default mode.

Tucker

Let me guess that he is near or over 500 RWHP and over 500 in TQ.
Time for a MJ MAF extender or a SCT MAF.

It's not the "fault" of the JLT CAI, but the great air flow of the JLT that is maxing out his MAF.

If he thinks there is a problem, please have him get ahold of me, but I think this is normal with a high HP car. Again, let me know his mods and dyno results.
Thanks EMIL and Blwn88cpe.

slewis

SML COBRA
Established Member
Tucker
He is about 455 hp. I am thinking of ordering a JLT cai, I was just worried about any unkown problems. If this is a known problem with more horsepower maybe you should have a disclaimer or something. My buddy fix the problem but it cost him 200 bucks. He wouldn't known about a problem if the tuner didn't check his voltage.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
The MAF measure the mass of air passing through it, an unrestricted system ( before or after maf) will allow more air to pass through it, which is what we all want. You start unplugging the exhuast, adding pulleys etc you run the risk of having your MAF peg.

Slewis, most of these cars dont peg the stock MAF till about 500rwhp, so it is strange that your friends is pegging at 450. Perhaps his MAF is a bit off. Either way, if someone is modding their car they should do their homework. If they dont understand the basics of an EFI/MAF system and just start throwing performance mods at it then they have no one to blame but themselves for not doing some research.

Tucker

slewis said:
Tucker
He is about 455 hp. I am thinking of ordering a JLT cai, I was just worried about any unkown problems. If this is a known problem with more horsepower maybe you should have a disclaimer or something. My buddy fix the problem but it cost him 200 bucks. He wouldn't known about a problem if the tuner didn't check his voltage.
Exactly what Shadowgray03 said.
You still haven't said the mods.

I'm not sure and please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but could the rotation on the MAF cause premature pegging?

Agian, this wasn't a "problem" this was a good flowing CAI and maybe something a miss with his car.
What would the disclaimer say? "Warning, this product may cause high H/P and TQ gains"
Come on man.
I would like to know what the "fix" was for $200.

TO ALL FUTURE CUSTOMERS: I have over 450 JLT kits out there and this is the first known complaint I have got about a MAF pegging.

Last edited:

slewis

SML COBRA
Established Member
Tucker,
I am not knocking the product, so far I think it is the best CAI out there for the cobra, and looks good too. I am just doing some research before buying. I will get you the list of mods if you would like them.

Tucker

slewis said:
Tucker,
I am not knocking the product, so far I think it is the best CAI out there for the cobra, and looks good too. I am just doing some research before buying. I will get you the list of mods if you would like them.
Sorry, but with the title to the thread "Problems with JLT" and saying I should have a disclaimer it sure seems more like you knocking then resurching.

I depend on these boards for 99% of my sales, so when I see a thread title like this it bothers me. Especially when there is np problem.

slewis

SML COBRA
Established Member
sorry maybe I should have said question with instead of problems with

Users who are viewing this thread