Problems with Idle Speed

Trblmkr

Established Member
Ever since the first day I got my Cobra I've been concerned with the idle of it. I checked with the dealership and they told me "it's normal" for a Cobra..

Here is what it's doing..

On a cold start - I'll get in the car, push in the clutch pedal and start the car. NO GAS PEDAL. The car will rev up to 2250-2500 and then slowly come back down to around 1100. Give it a min or two and it'll work it's way down to around 800.

When it's warm it'll do the same Rev, but it'll come down slowly to 900-1000 RPM and then jump back up to 1200Rpm, then flucuate back and forth for a few mins. Even when I stomp on the gas with it in idle, it'll come down pretty quick to around 1500, then SLOWLY work it's way down to 1K RPM.

I always thought with standard transmissions that it should be UP fast/DOWN fast on the idle.

Thanks for the info.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Sounds okay to me. Mine does exactly what yours does on cold start ups. Not as much flucuation on a warm start up but pretty close to yours. The weather could be a factor as well. I live in Northern VA, so the hot one day freezing the next weather change doesn't help.

Venom2001

Established Member
Mine does the same thing...however, since I put on the O/R X pipe, it only goes up to 1K then down to 800.

Users who are viewing this thread