Problems with Eaton Blower?

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
Has anybody experienced 'issues' with the stock Eaton blower?

Here's my delima...

Car has appx. 20K on the odometer. I have had a 6lb lower/stock upper with a Diablo sport chip for appx. 10K.

My original dyno with the current mods (MAC catted H, Steeda CAI, chip, 6lb lower, flows, stock plugs) was 456 rwhp/460 rwtq.

One year later, I was in the process of getting my ECU burned, oversized alt. pulley, and an o/r X pipe installed. The baseline dyno with the origainal mods (on a different dyno - both dyno jets) was 425 rwhp and 43X rwtq) That's down about 25 rwhp/tq from my original #'s.

I had an 'oversized' idler installed to help with belt slip, NGK BR7EF plugs, o/r x and my ecu flashed and my final numbers ended up at 438 rwhp/ 444 rwtq. Still down about 20-25 rwhp/tq from where the car 'should/used to be.

I had the shop do a compression check, and everthing is within spec. Could it be something wrong with the blower? I do notice a 'sqeaking' noise comming from somewhere within the blower?

My tuner thinks that I may 'spun a bearing' in the blower... I've never heard of this. Is this possible? If so, can somebody explain what this means.

What about the older lighting issues with impellar - teflon (sp?) comming off... Could this be a probem too?

Anybody have any ideas?

SnakeSkinner

Established Member
Was the weather the same? A difference of 20 degrees could easily account for the difference, not to mention the level of humidity, or variances in the gas that you utilized. Any or all of these simple factors could be responsible for a 5% deviation.

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
Temp was pretty much the same. Same time of year, appx. 90 degrees with high humidity.

Elevation was about the same too... Same 'city'.

Gas was the same as well. I always use BP 93 octane.

Users who are viewing this thread