problems to look for in 03 cobra

lzr red Cobra

Established Member
ok i know its been gone over again and again but, now its personal

i have a line on 03 cobra coupe redfire with graphite interior, for get this: $29,500 brand new

im going up to the dealer at 8:00 in the morning to hammer out details (mainly the trade of my 01)

what do i look for in the test drive?

the vibe at 80 mph i know that
pulling to the left or right
the "clunk" which is normal i think (have it in my 01)

what else?

if they will pay off my 01 and get me the financing right, i drive her home tomorrow, if not i walk. i know i can get at least 23.5k out here (ive been offered) but i dont have time to sell before the rebate expires

if this falls through i'll probably order an 04 and sell my 01 on the outside

ShelbyKid

It sounds stock..
Established Member
Don't own one yet, but this is what i'd look for.

You've mentioned the "vibe", "pull", "clunk", so listen for the "tick", if it was a car from the earlier production run. Also see if the passenger seat is rubbing, easy fix so you might as well have it taken care of before you leave the dealer. Listen to see if the clutch/TOB is making any unusual noises. There might be more, I would suggest one last search on this forum for all of the other things you might want to look for. I know its been mentioned a few times.

Good Luck.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
The tick and the tob squeel will probebly show up after some miles not on the test drive. The pull and vibe are the most likly to show up right away. you have a Mustang now so look for the little things comon on them .Good luck.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
CHECK THE PAINT! Bring a freind. Go over the paint with a soft cotten towell. CHECK EVERY INCH OF THE CAR!

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
Originally posted by lzr red Cobra
<SNIP> i have a line on 03 cobra coupe redfire with graphite interior, for get this: $29,500 brand new
Brand new?

lzr red Cobra

Established Member
yeah i gotta put that "brand new" becuz everyone thinks that is the price for a "used" one, so to avoid confusion....:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread