Problems Starting

need4snake

Banned
Hey everyone not sure if this is the right place to post this, so let me know.

Anyway, just picked up this stock terminator a few weeks ago. I've noticed that it can be difficult to start sometimes unless I turn the key on first let the fuel pump fully pressurize and then crank it over. Even then it takes a few extra cranks to start than my Mach 1 did.

Is this normal or something that may need some attention? If so, any ideas on what it might be? Again the car is bone stock right now. The car runs fabulous otherwise! No complaints! I also have a 3/36 on it but it will cost me 100.00 to visit the dealer. If its something very simple like an adjustment, maintenance or a cleaning procedure then I would much rather do it myself.

THANKS in advance! Time to go eat some turkey!!!

Last edited:

Blueline

Established Member
It says bone stock in your signature, so I will assume it prob. doesnt have the PPRV delete? If it does have it, its characteristic of it needing to prime a sec. before she will fire. The reason for this is when the fuel system is bone stock, no PPRV delete theres the valve which keeps the pressure in the fuel lines. If the valve is damaged or removed you may experience what your describing.

Happy Thanksgiving!

need4snake

Banned
Well I just looked up the PPRV delete to understand what that is and I do get that slight hesitation between shifts that having a PPRV is known for (glad there's a fix for it). So chances are the PPRV is in place, but it could malfunctioning. Think it's worth a 100 dollar visit to the dealer?

Blueline

Established Member
Its not 100% that could be your issue though. It could be a dirty fuel filter too. Do research on the PPRV delete and if its something you want to do and are decent with hand tools its not a bad job at all. I can tell you I had my car at just about 500rwhp with the pprv still intact and the car had no hesitation at all. However, every car is different and alot of guys on here swear by the PPRV delete. If it sounds like something you want to do, I would say do it and change the filter at the same time. it may be a mod that will suit you either way. I now have a Kurgan had with a -8an feed line and I prime the pumps a second before I crank her over. No PPRV in the new setup. GL!

Users who are viewing this thread