Problems Starting

BlackWidow

99 Lightning - Problem started a few weeks ago. Hard starting when shes been sitting for awhile. Thought she might just be jealious because I've been playing with my new toy (custom hog) lately.

However, couple of tanks later and problems still there and getting worse. Actually have to give it gas and keep giving it until the engine warms up. If I let off it idles down to nothing and dies.

To be sure chip etc weren't contributing I pulled them and reset computer. Problem actually got worse. Now I have to do this every cold start. Notice warm idle is also down a few hundred RPM.

Any thoughts before she heads to the Dealer?

Thanks!!

BlackWidow

Well I think the problem was caused by a loose vaccum line off the drivers side of the blower. Can't believe they didn't use a hose clamp on that puppy. I say think cause I also cleaned the Throttle up. This seemed to do the trick.

For good messure I went ahead and changed the fuel filter as it was due to be changed anyway. Might be my imagination but seems like I got a few lost ponnies back that quitely dissappeared overtime. Interesting....

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Users who are viewing this thread