Problems need help.

Speedfreek

Established Member
OK Got my 8k mile car out today to drive a little (been a month or so since I've driven it) it drove fine last time I drove it. Today I noticed it was real hard to start, then when you get into it the first little bit it wanted to sputter but it eventually cleared up. It also wouldn't pull past 3/4 throttle. If you floor it it still moves out but you can tell it isn't pulling right. All original no mods. After driving it a bit it was really hard to start and missed like it was choked down for just a bit. Thought I would ask here before I start changing parts.

kcp203

Established Member
Did you check for codes?

Did you check engine vacuum? Sounds like you may have a leak.

If not that, I'd say fuel system is next to check (fuel filter or fuel pressure/pump). You say you drove the car a month ago, but when did you last put gas in? Almost sounds like it could be bad gas, but unlikely if it drove OK the last time, unless you happened to fill up right before putting the car back in the garage.

Otherwise, check ignition.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
A big problem I have had is with the gas drying up or at least sticking the fuel injectors. usually after driving it for a day they free up. I had a couple on one car that I had to pull out , take apart and soak in carb cleaner. and it had only sat about two weeks. Now I add Stabile to my cars that set.

Speedfreek

Established Member
Got stabilizer in it. I got to thinking today. It is acting just like one I had a while back that the mass air screwed up on. I may switch the one off my other car and see if that is the problem before I go buying stuff. Is the mas air stll avalible thru Ford?

badvenm

Established Member
Check the volts on your alt gauge. If that is ok I would say change the battery, they'll do that if either are shot.

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread