PRoblems installing borla stingers, help plz!!

XtremeAceX

Established Member
I'm installing my borla stinger catback right now, and the flared pieces aren't fitting into the right hand muffler piping. The piping seems to have been squished too small of a size, and it goes past the part at which the slots are, so I have no way of expanding it further.

Anyone else had this problem?

Right now I need to get the pipe out of the rubber mount because i filed the flared pipe down, put it in the freezer for a couple minutes, and squeezed it in (with the slight help of a hammer), but forgot to put the clamp on STUPID ME!! :bash::bash::bash:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I just did this install a few months ago...you mean the borla stingers tubing isn't connecting to the x pipe part? post a pic up, I'm a little confused...the clamps go over the cuts on the tubing (don't let it fool ya)...

oneSICsvt

Established Member
+1 on pictures, i just put mine in a few days ago id like to help but im rather confused on what youre saying

XtremeAceX

Established Member
yea, it's not the clamps that go over the slots that is the problem, it's the one that bolt's to the clamp on the H-pipe. I forgot to put it on the tube before I put the two together because I was so focused on the problem i was having before.

Sorry for the bad pictures, the USB cord for my girlfriends camera is at home so these are from the phone.

Here's the two pieces together with the clamp I forgot
SSPX0066.jpg

As you can see, this pipe was squished quite a bit more compared to the other side during manufacturing
SSPX0067.jpg

Here's the other (LH) muffler pipe front, it's not near as squished and I can install the flared piece and dissassemble it without problem. Kind of a bad pic, but I already have it in the rubber mount under the car.
SSPX0068.jpg

Another shot of the two pieces stuck together
SSPX0070.jpg

Edit: Roommate woke up, and he's alot stronger than me, he managed to get the two pieces apart. Little bit of assistance from the hammer lol, so I got a couple knicks to polish out haha. I'm thinking before I reinstall the pieces into one another, I'd be better off taking them into work where all my tools are and taking a buffing wheel to them to try and achieve a not so press fit.

I'm still curious if anyone else has had this problem though? Just my luck to get one that's manufactured incorrectly.

Last edited:

XtremeAceX

Established Member
Well I went into the garage today, and worked on the car for a bit. Got the LH side of the exhaust all together and ready to be tightened up, but i'm gonna wait until I get the RH side on before I tighten everything down. My dad know's a guy who own's a muffler shop, and he's gonna see if he can get it expanded slightly for me so I can fix the pieces together properly.

On a side note I took the pulley cover off today and got that all ready for the 2.93 to go on :rockon:

Ralo

Established Member
Shouldn't be that much of a problem. Did you contact Borla?

XtremeAceX

Established Member
Nah I haven't yet, It's kinda in my nature to be determined to fix things myself due to the fact i'm a heavy duty mechanic for a profession.. lol, but I was definately considering giving them a call and seeing what's going on.

From how it looks so far, noone else has seemed to have had this problem.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Great to hear...very weird, I would still tell Borla about this..they will make it right...

Users who are viewing this thread