Problems installing Bob's 30W LEDs

verbal

Established Member
Has anyone had problems installing these? I cannot get them to seat properly and hold onto the fog light housing clips. If I pull back on them after they are clipped in they pop off on one clip. The factory ones go on and off with no problems. I am having this problem on both sides. I am pretty much just feeling my way around from underneath the bumper so I am wondering if I am missing something. Thanks

Lights are #30W 5202

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I'm running VLEDS instead of Bob's, but I was also unable to install mine by "feeling around". The job was, however, SIMPLE with a set of ramps and the removal of a plastic panel held in place (behind the splitter) by 9 screws. Check out Copper&Black's post for a picture of the removed valence. (Note that removal of the driving light assemblies/reflectors is NOT required.)

Last edited:

verbal

Established Member
I'm running VLEDS instead of Bob's, but I was also unable to install mine by "feeling around". The job was, however, SIMPLE with a set of ramps and the removal of a plastic panel held in place (behind the splitter) by 9 screws. Check out Copper&Black's post for a picture of the removed valence. (Note that removal of the driving light assemblies/reflectors is NOT required.)

I have the panel off and am accessing the lights from underneath like you did. I just can't get the lights to stay on. It seems simple enough as the factory lights pop on and off. Maybe I will try taking the fog light housing out. There is one review on Revan's site where someone had the same problem.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I have the panel off and am accessing the lights from underneath like you did. I just can't get the lights to stay on. It seems simple enough as the factory lights pop on and off. Maybe I will try taking the fog light housing out. There is one review on Revan's site where someone had the same problem.
So much for my theory... Have you also tried rotating the bulbs? IIRC, mine fit better one way than the other.

verbal

Established Member
So much for my theory... Have you also tried rotating the bulbs? IIRC, mine fit better one way than the other.

It looks like a few people were having the same issue in the thread you provided. I guess I will try calling Bob's on Monday. Thanks

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Had the same issue here, but was able to plug them in...still check them everyday to see if they are on...so far so good!

Manuel

Last edited:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
It was a challenge, but after closing my eyes, and reaching out to Pat Morita, I was able to focus and complete the task.

verbal

Established Member
I can get them to stay in the housing but any pressure on the top side of the bulb and the top clip comes out. The bulb will stay in the housing but I no longer have a water tight seal. I feel that they are going to come loss with a couple hundred miles of driving and moisture is going to get into the housing.

oldie68

Established Member
had the same problem look at factory bulbs, the lock clips are narrower than the ones on Bobs ,took sharp knife trimmed the side of bobs locks and they worked perfect.

Breitling

Established Member
Sorry for digging up such an old post, but can anyone confirm that the Bob's LED fog light replacment bulbs fit properly? Or, is there another brand to go with that fit well?

Thanks in advance.

Breitling

Established Member
So I'm looking to order from VLEDs and discovered that they have two LED fog lights available under part number 5202:

1) a 6K White 10 LED; or
2) a 5K White 10 LED

Both are $60.00 and I would like to match the color of the HID's as close as possible. What are you guys using and which do you recommend?

Thank you.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
So I'm looking to order from VLEDs and discovered that they have two LED fog lights available under part number 5202:

1) a 6K White 10 LED; or
2) a 5K White 10 LED

Both are $60.00 and I would like to match the color of the HID's as close as possible. What are you guys using and which do you recommend?

Thank you.

You want 5K. (6K will appear too blue.)

Users who are viewing this thread