Problems downshifting from 5 to 4 after Clutch install

SoonToBeASnake

Established Member
Hey guys,

I recently got my Spec 3+, Spec Alum. Flywheel & 26 spline input shaft installed and since day one after the install I've had trouble downshifting from 5 to 4. If I downshift at 3k RPM's or higher it will grind, if I pause during the downshift, it will be fine. I thought it would go away after break in but its exactly like the day I got the clutch on. I just hit 870 miles since the install and I have tried messing with the firewall adjuster, which didn't make any difference. Every gear feels great, my only problem with the car is downshifting 5 to 4. Prior to the clutch install I didn't have any issues with the trans at all. I am running the Fiore Firewall Adjuster and the single hook Steeda Quadrant. Trying to get some ideas on what it could be. Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
I just got mine installed and mine seems fine, other than being a little bumpy getting 1st to engage...

I was told to always have 1/16 of an inch gap between the black washer looking thing on the firewall adjuster and the actual knob. He said pull the cable and see what the gap looks like. If that is set wrong than you are going to burn up the clutch because of the way the pressure plate is or something...

I don't know if any of that helped though

Users who are viewing this thread