Problems after port and spindles

Roush150

New SVT *****
Established Member
Hello all,

Its seems that the L did not like the mods I did to it last weekend. :cryying: I cleaned the intercooler and got the blower ported also insalled belltech spindles and the truck drove fine for a day. Now its having problems shifting. its not slipping it feels more like its not engaging into gear. It seems that when the truck is cool it shifts fine but after ~15/20 miles it starts acting crazy. From a stop the truck wont move till it gets to about 2500 rpm and the same when i put it in reverse. I read a post on nloc that it might be that the valve body might be loose. What are the chances of that? and has anyone ran into this problem?

Thanks in advance

:rockon::rockon:

sicfast

Established Member
those mods themselves would have no direct effect on the transmission. it sounds like your headed in the right direction with the valve body, have you checked the tranny fluid? start simple and easy first :beer:

tribalightning

2 MUCH TRQ
Established Member
you have report back on the 4 lbr with a port though....considering the same route just hesitant cause everyone hits a port with a 6lbr not a 4....does seem like a tranny issue though, maybe something was hit or removed when putting in the spindles?

Roush150

New SVT *****
Established Member
you have report back on the 4 lbr with a port though....considering the same route just hesitant cause everyone hits a port with a 6lbr not a 4....does seem like a tranny issue though, maybe something was hit or removed when putting in the spindles?

yeah I'll let you guys how it runs. I'm staying with the 4lber for now but i think I'm going to eventually going to a 6 or 8lber. :rockon:

voodoocustoms

Established Member
make sure the TPS is plugged all the way in. I f it comes loose all kinds of weird trany shit will happen. Just don't ask me how I know.

92Snatch

Established Member
have u scanned it with ur tuner to see if it picks anything up? There doesnt have to be a check engine light on for it to pick a code up on the tuner....almost sounds like maybe a TC selenoid...

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
try removing the battery cable and letting it sit for a few hours and reset....you could also try uninstalling the tune and putting the factory tune back in and see how it drives.

Users who are viewing this thread