Problematic neighbor(drunk guy) need advice

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Well I'll try to make this story as short as I can. My wife and I moved to a new house back in november(we are renting) and all the neighbors seem to be nice/decent people except for the guy across the street.

We live a pretty private life and like to say hi to our neighbors when we see them, but this guy never says hi. That doesnt really bother me, if he is a grumpy guy, and it doesnt affect me or my family i dont care.

Well the problem with him started today, I left to run an errand in the car, I put down my windows and as I was pulling away i noticed him outside and he yelled something at me and waved his hands. I couldnt really tell what he said so I just waved(saying hi) and went on my way.

Well when I came back home( like 20minutes later) he was still outside on his chair so I said "hi how you doing" and I told him "sorry I wasnt able to make out what you said earlier"; well he acted like he didnt know what I was talking about and asked me some questions about my car. So i thought cool, he just wants to conversate. Well its kind of hard to have a conversation with someone who is obviously drunk and smells like beer(not judging the guy, just calling it like it is). So he rambled on for a while about nothing really so I tried to politely excuse myself and I did. I told him have a nice day and I went inside to my wife.

Well, when I went inside my wife told me that when I had left for the errand, the guy was cussing up a storm at my car. So I told her he was drunk and to forget about it. I also told her, never ever open the door if that guy were to come to our doorstep. (funny because I had a weird feeling about this in my gut)

Well about 30 minutes ago today, at about 12:15AM, I'm sitting on my couch surfing svtp, and I hear a funny little knock at my door. I was like "nah, I didnt hear anything,it must have been the wind or something". Well again, I hear a faint little knock, and lo and behold its mister drunky pants at my door step, so I turn on the outside light and look through the front door blinds, and say "hey man go home, what are you doing knocking at my door at 12am?!" "go home!" then he starts rambling about something, and I say "no, go home, I dont care what you have to say, go home and dont come knocking at my house at night!" So he gives me a dirty look through my door window and calmly walks away.

I really hope I'm not flamed and told I'm making a big deal about something like this, but my wife and I are very private people and we dont like being bugged like this. Especially since we have a new baby daughter of only 4 months, makes us super paranoid. I told my wife if he ever comes knocking again, i'm calling the cops immediately, i'm not even talking to him.
Not to sure if I should go talk to him tomorrow or just leave things like they are. What do you guys suggest? Anyone ever have a similar experience?

Thanks guys, sorry about the long write up.

TorchMach

Established Member
I say talk to him tomorrow, when he's sober. Tell him you didn't appreciate what he did and you expect it not to happen again unless a emergency or something. If he ever steps foot on your property you'll have to call the po po and you guys won't be able to be friends any more...that's what I would do.

Also, point one of your sprinklers to your door one day and have a remote set up inside your house, so if he comes knocking you can show us.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I say talk to him tomorrow, when he's sober. Tell him you didn't appreciate what he did and you expect it not to happen again unless a emergency or something. If he ever steps foot on your property you'll have to call the po po and you guys won't be able to be friends any more...that's what I would do.

Also, point one of your sprinklers to your door one day and have a remote set up inside your house, so if he comes knocking you can show us.

That last part made me LOL.

Ethereal_Zer0

Established Member
I agree with TorchMach, go try to talk to him once he is sober. You don't have to be a dick about it or anything, I'd approach it in a friendly way (i.e. you want to know and be friends with your neighbors, but not at 12:15am lol). More than likely he will be embarrassed if you use that route. If you go "confront" him, he'll prob get defensive and you'll just end up stirring the pot. He was probably just trash-faced and won't remember most of the night. Telling your wife not to answer the door is probably good advice for now (you just never know), but I wouldn't freak out too much about it. You live in America, and it's your right to be private if you want, but you should definitely set clear boundaries here. Good luck man.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I agree with TorchMach, go try to talk to him once he is sober. You don't have to be a dick about it or anything, I'd approach it in a friendly way (i.e. you want to know and be friends with your neighbors, but not at 12:15am lol). More than likely he will be embarrassed if you use that route. If you go "confront" him, he'll prob get defensive and you'll just end up stirring the pot. He was probably just trash-faced and won't remember most of the night. Telling your wife not to answer the door is probably good advice for now (you just never know), but I wouldn't freak out too much about it. You live in America, and it's your right to be private if you want, but you should definitely set clear boundaries here. Good luck man.

Thanks man, your post makes a lot of sense to me. I'll try and catch him sober hopefully.

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
around here he is lucky he didn't get shot. that's just weird man. ****ing drunks. I agree with torch, talk to him when he is sober (if ever) and explain to him that it will not happen again. if it does. call the popo and let them deal with it.

mysterio

Established Member

Yeah, but you know what's probably going to happen, right? The guy's gonna play the "oh man, I was drunk, don't remember anything" card. Sounds like he's your basic alky that wants attention. But worth a try when he's sober.

+1 on the sprinkler idea, that would be funny.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Go talk to him when he is sober and tell him that you can't have him coming over late at night pounding on your door, buck naked, yelling "I want some man love, now!":dw: Tell him you are not into that and he will have to find some other man to serenade.

Drunks cannot remember anything due to blackouts so he will be so embarrassed that he will never bother you again.:dancenana:

9svt8

Bleeds Ford Blue
Established Member
If someone other than family or close friend would have done that, they would have been looking at the end of my gun explaining what they wanted.

rio95cobra

Established Member
Tell your neighbors the situation, ask them discretely if they have had any past problems with this guy. Sounds like they will say "yes but we just ignore him." Also dont hesitate to put the blame on him if anything comes up missing or messed up around your house since you have prior encounter with this guy. Personally if he come back to your house again just beat the brakes off him and get it over with, then he'll think twice about disturbing the peaceful people!!!! End of discussion!

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Lol You guys are a bunch of faggots (I'll gladly take the infraction).
All this talk of pointing guns at people. Didn't your father ever teach the golden rule of guns? "Don't point at it, unless you mean to kill it.". Dumb asses.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
Lift the ground to your front lamp post.

It'll light him up when he pees on it.

Something about drunks and lamp posts, I swear. (true story)

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
All this talk of pointing guns at people. Didn't your father ever teach the golden rule of guns? "Don't point at it, unless you mean to kill it.". Dumb asses.

if I'm threatened and have to prove a point when someone is on my property...yes. if they continue showing aggression, stupidity etc, that is when I pull the trigger. how many cops instantly kill whatever they point their guns at just because they had to unholster it due to the situation.

and glad you are a tough guy to call names on the internet. saying such a thing to most any of us would land you on your ass at the very least.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member

I agree I doubt most here would actually do it. However I would deffinately want it nearby like next to the door.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I'll keep you guys updated if I find him sober. He's always sitting outside drinking in front of his house so who knows if I can actually find him in a good state of mind.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
**** talking him. You said what you needed to say, end of story. If he comes around again, call the cops immediately and tell them you're scared for your life. Cops show up and scare the **** outta him. Bet he doesn't pull that shit anymore.

You have a small child and wife in house, be alert and take caution. A small pistol wouldn't hurt to have for home protection. Stay safe.

346CamaroSS

Established Member
Trap door under your door mat.. Next time he comes hit the trap. No one will care if the neighborhood drunk dissappears.

Users who are viewing this thread