Problem with Wheel Alignment

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
2014 GT was aligned by dealership about 6 months ago. Now the tires have developed uneven wear on the inner side, especially the right front. At simple view, it looks like the rims have excessive negative camber compared to the rear. Any suggestions? Thanks.

debit_free_2010

Established Member
Is the car lowered?

Even on stock springs some cars are more prone to the inner shoulder camber wear than others, Unfortunately there's no factory camber adjustment built in so you need camber bolts or plates to dial out some camber.

Silbult14

Established Member
Do you have castor/camber plates? Was the front end ever damaged? Absent castor/camber plates neither castor or camber are adjustable to any significant degree on these models. There is a small amount of adjustment possible given the very small amount of slop in the bolt holes and there are other "tricks" a good alignment tech can do, but it's unlikely a dealer tech would do any of this. So if it hasn't been damaged that leaves toe in as the most likely culprit. Improper toe adjustment is in fact the most common cause of the type of tire wear you describe even on cars with adjustable camber and castor. If you have wider tires and wheels than stock the effects of improper toe can be even worse. The offset on some aftermarket wheels can also increase the scrub radius which generally has more negative than positive consequences. I would definitely have them recheck the toe. If it's wrong I think you have a couple of tires coming or at least a substantial discount when these tires need replacement.

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
Car is 100% stock concerning the suspension. It has never been in an accident. And the tire size and even the rims are all stock.

Last edited:

TSHOES

Established Member
Depending on where you take your car for an alignment, some shops will put a little more camber in the front end for a "sport" handling. A good question would be, how many miles are you putting on the tires before you are noticing the uneven wear?

Edit: I have my car realigned at a min of 6 months anyways, due to pot holes and hard bumps on highways slowing putting it out of alignment

Users who are viewing this thread