Problem with the L...

SwampMoose

Established Member
Ok guys, I just want some input before I go ripping stuff apart to make sure I'm on the right track. My truck is running great at idle and part throttle(up to about 8lbs of boost or half throttle) any more than that and it's falling on it's face. Last year I had sort of the same problem, but it wouldn't go into boost at all and it was the line on one of the pumps in the tank had came off. I haven't checked the fuel pressure(lost my gauge somewhere in the mess I call my garage) but I did take the cap off of my fuel pump out line which runs off the rail and only about 10 seconds after I turned the key off it had no pressure. Shouldn't it hold pressure for a bit??? I'm thinking the line came off of the hi pressure pump or i have a crack in the stupid plastic fuel Y(thought it already had a SS one, which is why I didn't replace it last time I dropped it) I'm probably gonna go ahead and drop the tank or pull the bed to replace the Y, but just wanted any input before I do.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
It sounds like your on the right track of finding the problem. Have that fuel pressure checked. The pressure should stay up for at least 10 min.
If its not fuel related, check the coil packs

SwampMoose

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys! I think I'll change the plugs before I drop the tank. Its been probably 10k miles since they were changed, so they are overdue anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread