Problem with security/keyless entry

fmylife

Established Member
Out of the blue, it seems the keyless entry doesn't want to respond anymore starting yesterday. Tried different remotes I've verified worked previously and same issue, even with new batteries.

Where is the system located within the car? I'm assuming somewhere under the dash but not sure what to look for.

Oddly enough, it wouldn't work when I left the house earlier today but it worked like normal when getting into the car after the two stops I made. I got home, started working on the car (unrelated, replacing end links) and it tripped the alarm but the remote wouldn't work. Had to unlock the door with the key to get it to stop!

Any suggestions?

mikes35

Established Member
If you can't figure it out you could try reprogramming the remotes or a cheap eBay remote- the latter of which I used with success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fmylife

Established Member
Ugh. Just tried reprogramming and the remotes aren't being recognized. Tried different batteries that were working and still nothing.

I was out there talking to my neighbor for a minute and just kept pressing the unlock button and after a minute or so it unlocked. Another remote, similar thing would lock it. LOL. This is ridiculous.

fmylife

Established Member
Thinking about it a bit more, after I got the new clutch installed I started noticing that my factory radio has a bit more trouble acquiring XM signal. I'm wondering if something may have come loose behind the stereo and could be the culprit. Guess I have more fun to deal with when I get back from Brazil next weekend!

fmylife

Established Member
Disconnected the battery for a bit and now it seems to be functioning properly again. I just hope this isn't indicative of a larger problem...getting tired of all the small problems!

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
If you have two functioning keys I would buy a couple of extras and program them and save the factory ones as spares. I got a couple of flip keys off the internet and that is what I daily use.

mikes35

Established Member
If you have two functioning keys I would buy a couple of extras and program them and save the factory ones as spares. I got a couple of flip keys off the internet and that is what I daily use.
What did a locksmith charge for cutting the flip keys? I was thinking of doing the same, which ones did you get?

fmylife

Established Member
Did that as soon as I got the car. Also got one of the flip keys from Ebay.

What did a locksmith charge for cutting the flip keys? I was thinking of doing the same, which ones did you get?
I think mine charged me $10. And this is similar to the one I bought a couple years ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement...ash=item2cb2c12b85:g:aA0AAOSwAuZX4-L-&vxp=mtr

Users who are viewing this thread