Problem with ordered Shelby, not sure what to do

blownbra925

Established Member
Well thanks to someone in here they posted that a local dealer had an allocation for a 2017. I called the dealer, made a deal and ordered the car. I was told the earliest I would see the car is January which works out perfectly for me. They told me they will contact me when they pull the car to start the build and issue the VIN. I was actually looking forward to watching the process of the build and shipping. Well, yesterday I get a text with a picture of my damn car! Mind you I ordered the car 6 weeks ago....Nobody told me anything until yesterday. Issue is I cannot take possession of the car until my refinance is done and that won't be until after the first of January. Any idea on what can be done?? I'm waiting to hear back, but I'm sure I already know what I'll be told. Thanks in advance guys

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well thanks to someone in here they posted that a local dealer had an allocation for a 2017. I called the dealer, made a deal and ordered the car. I was told the earliest I would see the car is January which works out perfectly for me. They told me they will contact me when they pull the car to start the build and issue the VIN. I was actually looking forward to watching the process of the build and shipping. Well, yesterday I get a text with a picture of my damn car! Mind you I ordered the car 6 weeks ago....Nobody told me anything until yesterday. Issue is I cannot take possession of the car until my refinance is done and that won't be until after the first of January. Any idea on what can be done?? I'm waiting to hear back, but I'm sure I already know what I'll be told. Thanks in advance guys

Just tell the dealer you'll put down a $5k nonrefundable deposit for him to hold it until January and pay his floorplan expense for the months in waiting. He shouldn't care, he won't be out any money and your car will sit on his showroom pulling attention. I've done this for customers in the past.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is there a standard floor plan cost? What would that cost?

It's not standard. Who is the dealer? I will be able to look at who they floorplan through and give you a fairly good idea.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Barkhouser Ford Danville, VA

They floorplan through American National Bank and Trust. I imagine their floorplan rate is 2.5% or so.

About $120 a month on your GT350. So $360-480 depending on when you want to pick it up and whether American National gives them 30 days free or not.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So basically that would be their only concern?

Correct. If you give them a $5k nonrefundable deposit and pay their floorplan, they should agree no problem.

Now, they will want the deposit to hold the vehicle in case you bail because for the next 3 months they'd be telling customers it's already sold and miss out on other sales. But with the nonrefundable deposit and you covering floorplan expenses, they shouldn't have an issue.

I wouldn't bring up the floorplan. The sales manager may not even think of that and you can save a few hundred dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread