Problem with new CF dual friction clutch

79KTs03

Established Member
I'm upgrading my clutch to the CF DF with CF aluminum flywheel, 26-spline input shaft, and steeda quick release quadrant with firewall adjuster. I double/triple/quadruple checked part numbers and everything is correct.

The problem we're having is the clutch fork presses against the pressure plate when the pedal is pressed all the way to the floor. The clutch engages and disengages fine but we can't figure out why it does this when fully depressed. We replaced the fork thinking it was bent and it's still happening. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Grey03

Established Member
Don't quote me on this but I have heard of problems from the firewall adjuster not allowing the movement needed. I could be wrong though. Sorry.

Did you get CF part number 148075 for your clutch? what about the flywheel? I think you can put that on backwards, it has been done before. Also did you remove the spacer? If you have a CF flywheel they recommend that you remove the spacer that comes on the stock flywheel.
I have the CF flywheel and I am waiting for my clutch so I am interested in what the problem is also.
Good Luck.

79KTs03

Established Member
Well as it turns out, it WAS the fork that was bent. I jumped the gun saying that it wasn't the problem. My advice would be to replace the fork when you do this swap ($30) so you don't find out later and have to pull the tranny again. When comparing the old fork with the new one you couldn't tell there was anything wrong, but sure enough after replacing it, it worked fine. :shrug:

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
I have always replaced the pivot along with the clutch fork. IMO, these are both wear items and since the cost of install is so high, as long as everything is out, might as well replace it.

Users who are viewing this thread