problem with my POS car!

RIPZ28

Established Member
so yeah, after finally finding a buyer for the car and getting all stet to accept the money this week, I take the car out for a spin today and guess what, I have a brand new freakin problem that never happened before!!!

1) The speedometer just stopped working all together, before it would stick a lil but would work eventually, now it jsut doesnt...

2) as I am rolling to a stop and I put the clutch in to put the car in neutral, the car stalls... I have no idea why it does this, but it just stalls, while imm rolling, I turn the key over again and the car starts right up...

I have no problems idling or while accelerating, it only occurs once in a while and only while I am slowing down to a stop.

Someone please help me!!!

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
take a look at your speedo gear, if its not tore up you got a speedo or vss problem, but since its dying its probably the speedo gear

Jwilliams

Resident Pimp
Established Member
is it just the speedo or the whole dash? might of blew a fuse, as for the stalling, sounds like the IAC might be dirty or clogged.

RIPZ28

Established Member
the speedo gear was changed when I got the gears installed a couple months ago

I will get under the car tongiht and see whats cookin

Its not the whole dash, just the speedo

It has 92/almost 93,000 miles and I get on it occasionally, but who doesnt with these cars...I dont have it at redline 24/7...

I hope this answerrs all your questions

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
most likely its the speedo gear, i had a couple go out in my car, and ragging on it wont make a difference, i was in japan and my mom was taking care of my car when it ate both gears, i drive the crap out of it whenever i get the chance and have yet to blow a speedo gear, but it will cause the problems you speak of

Users who are viewing this thread