Problem with my 5.0

ringo01

Established Member
I have a loaner 5.0 from the dealership until they get mine in about a week.

Every once in a while all of the warning lights will come on and it will say "service advancetrac now" and "Check brake system." And just this morning the car started running really weird after it happened. Under normal acceleration in first gear the car would hesitate and cut the power in and out and the brakes felt like ABS was kicking in under light braking.

I was wondering if anyone else has had these problems with their 2011s or if it's just this one defective car. I don't wanna have to deal with it with my car when I get it. The car only has 200 miles on it, most of which I put on the car.

I took it to the service department yesterday and the car wasn't reading any codes so there was nothing they could do about it.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
First I've heard of such a thing on em.. Maybe just one of those first year bugs on one of the cars..

ringo01

Established Member
That's what I'm assuming... hopefully this issue can be resolved and doesn't affect many cars.

ringo01

Established Member
Nope... It's not my car so I'm being pretty careful with it. It's been happening every time I drive the car now. I usually turn traction control off, just a habit from my last car...

I am going to leave traction control on tomorrow when I drive it and see if it still happens.

NoSVT's4me

Established Member
Did you tell them to drive it so they can see the problem themselves?

Side note: There are some SERIOUS issues in my opinion, when a dealership "can't" do anything without a code... What are they, morons? I have to wonder how such people could ever have survived the world before computers... And that's MUCH of the reason I don't buy new vehicles anymore. I want something that won't bother me to work on myself if needed. "Warranty" vehicles aren't it. I was reminded by my '04 Explorer, which I did buy used, with warranty. The only concern they were able to take care of was my skipping CD player, which they simply replaced.

ringo01

Established Member
Yes they drove the car... It wasn't doing it as often then though. It is getting really bad now. I have figured out it is the traction control kicking in and out under normal driving that is causing the power loss. Happens in all gears. I will be taking the car in again on Tuesday and hope they fix it then... I seem to be the only one with this problem and it's not my car, so I am hoping that it's just the loaner car that gives me trouble.

csledd

DSG!!
Established Member
Yeah I haven't seen anyone else complaining with that issue. Maybe someone before you drove it and gave it hell :(

ringo01

Established Member
I am thinking that ^

My salesman told me one of the other salesman took it in the back and did burn outs with it... LOL

The car had 60 miles on it when they gave it to me... they must have been REAL hard on it. I am pretty sure this was their only test drive car and why they didn't mind loaning it to me since they knew they would have to sell it used anyways?

I just really hope I dont have the same problem with my car

NoSVT's4me

Established Member
It could simply be a bad sensor, defective from the start. It could also be that something caused a wiring disconnect, causing an engage signal for TC.

dormeas

Established Member
It could simply be a bad sensor, defective from the start. It could also be that something caused a wiring disconnect, causing an engage signal for TC.

I agree. I had an 03 GT with similar problems. Turned out to be the ABS Module. So, my guess is that a sensor or the module is faulty and needs replaced.

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
am a dealer, had a similiar challenge on an 010, was the roll stability control/advance trac module, which is now on the Stangs...

Users who are viewing this thread