Problem with my 2001 GT..

XSIV_BOOST

Banned
I have a 2001 GT that I wrecked a while ago, and has been sitting for a while. The car was running fine the last time it was moved. It has been sitting for quite a few months, and hasn't been moved. I wasn't planning on it to be sitting as long as it has, so it never got any stabil or anything.

Well today I try to go move it, and I charge up the battery, and it start it up and it runs for about 4 minutes or so, and just dies. Now I try to go back and start it, and it just cranks but won't run. I checked the fuel reset. I tried a little starting fluid and it just starts a little bit until the starting fluid burns up. I checked the schrader valve on the fuel rail to see if theres any pressure there, and there isn't any. I wouldn't think its the fuel pump being the car ran for a few minutes the first time. Could it be the FPDM maybe? I'm not sure what could be causing this problem. What do you guys think?

2002stanggt

Established Member
I have a 2001 GT that I wrecked a while ago, and has been sitting for a while. The car was running fine the last time it was moved. It has been sitting for quite a few months, and hasn't been moved. I wasn't planning on it to be sitting as long as it has, so it never got any stabil or anything.

Well today I try to go move it, and I charge up the battery, and it start it up and it runs for about 4 minutes or so, and just dies. Now I try to go back and start it, and it just cranks but won't run. I checked the fuel reset. I tried a little starting fluid and it just starts a little bit until the starting fluid burns up. I checked the schrader valve on the fuel rail to see if theres any pressure there, and there isn't any. I wouldn't think its the fuel pump being the car ran for a few minutes the first time. Could it be the FPDM maybe? I'm not sure what could be causing this problem. What do you guys think?
My car had the same issue, Ford replaced the computer under warranty and it's run fine ever since. The difference was mine wasn't wrecked.

rydnspnrs

Established Member
My car had the same issue, Ford replaced the computer under warranty and it's run fine ever since. The difference was mine wasn't wrecked.

Ford replaced the computer on an 8 yr old car?? Was it some kind of recall ? I'm having a computer issue, I think . If there's a recall then that may solve my problem too.

Users who are viewing this thread