problem with left blinker

VertTireSmoke

Tire smoker
Established Member
Alright guys my left blinker is starting to irritate me. :nonono: when it is on it blinks really fast like what it would do if i needed to replace the bulb. I checked the bulbs and they all work. The right blinker doesn't do it. and when i use the caution blinkers they blink normally. Im sure its something really simple but im a noob. :shrug:

Cammer281

SVT Poster
Established Member
Mine used to do this but stopped.:shrug: IIRC there was a post on this, it was something in the turn signal switch/stalk in the steering column. Try a search for it.

VertTireSmoke

Tire smoker
Established Member
Mine used to do this but stopped.:shrug: IIRC there was a post on this, it was something in the turn signal switch/stalk in the steering column. Try a search for it.

Yeh. I tried searching first and the only thing that really sounded close was in the how-to section about replacing that part iirc. i was hoping it was something easier/less pita tho.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
are you sure ALL the bulbs on the rear work? remember that 2 bulbs blink on tail lamps. usually one is out with it blinking fast, so turn the signal on and tap it with your hand and see if it acts up. may have a bulb socket going bad.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Mine was doing it at first when signaling right. Now it does it both left and right. The switch is shot and needs to be replaced. You can get a new one for around $70 at www.50resto.com.

Users who are viewing this thread