Problem with Brembo Wheels Finish?

HB4025

Established Member
Has anyone else had issues with the finish on these wheels? I recently had two replaced under warranty - one because shipping tape ate the finish clean off and the other due to a black stain. I also noticed a third wheel with the black stain....waiting on Ford to give an answer on that one. I do not use any type of wheel cleaner and only use Zaino products on the paint.

Now, a new problem....the new wheels are MUCH brigher than the original wheels. The original wheels are more gunmetal than the new ones. I clean my car about 3 times a week and only has 8k miles....I find it hard to believe with that cleaning schedule the finish has faded/dulled? I think Ford may have had two runs of the wheels (my GT was in the first production block) and now I have mis-matched wheels!!

Will be taking it back in to the dealership but just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or noticed two shades of finish? Thanks!

csledd

DSG!!
Established Member
I have seen a post several months back where someone got their Brembo GT wheels in the same conditions from factory.

Mine already have a spot here and a spot there where there's a small chip in the paint.

JL-KA

Established Member
If you're dead set on keeping the stock wheels I would have them replace them and ask the dealer to throw a couple coats of clear on them before installing. I bet they'd be willing to give you a deal on labor.
If it were me I would take it as a hint that it's time for a set of HRE P40s.
Steeda-Q550-Mustang.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread