Problem with boost on kenne bell 2.3

NZBling

Established Member
Truck runs great. 2.3 kenne bell on 99 lightning. Very safe tune made 486rwhp 550 tq. Bad throttle response, hesitates then hauls ass. While cruisin at part throttle around 5ibs vaccum or 0, not pushin throttle anymore my boost jumps 4 lbs. whats wrong? Any ideas will help. Thanks.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Sounds like the tune wasn't finished. Did this just start or has it been happening all along?

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

NZBling

Established Member
Started gradually. My first thought was a vac leak. But i have checked all hoses and connections. Her is list of all mods. Boost bypass, oil seperator, 60 lb injecters, 90 mm mass air, electric fan, 4 lb lower , 2.3 polished kenne bell with polished johnny lightning sheetmetal intake.2600 stall converter, my programmer shows no codes. I was thinkin also the green coupler gear in kenne was deformed or something. But checked and replaced. Still havin issue. Thank you for you time.

01yellercobra

Established Member
A vacuum leak could cause the issues you're seeing. Did you check the bypass valve to make sure the diaphragm is still in good shape?

NZBling

Established Member
Changed tps sensor. Still have problems. Boost jumpin up and throttle response sucks. Truck has alot of milea on it. Thinkin of doin compression test. Dnt think thats bad but worth a shot. And anyone think trans can be wore
Out enough to have these problems? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread