Problem with 2.93 and K&N tune....

Big_Torch

Banned
Ok, here we go

Do a base run, it was in the neighborhood of my run a week ago, about 380hp, 375tq Rich as hell past 4,800

Put the FIPK on, make a run, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, love that sound, I thought i wouldnt like the scream, boy was I wrong. OK, so the FIPK upped hp to 409hp 382 tq. But at the cost of the a/f ratio. It leaned it out to 13+ all the way up to 4750 where it dropped to 12.

Then we put the 2.93 on. Had timing at 12 degrees to start, he dials in the a/f ratio so pretty I couldnt even draw it so nice. Starts adding timing, get up to 20 degrees, made a run at 442hp and 558tq. I was estactic. Go to hot lap it to make sure its safe, 3rd run in a row it starts pinging. Damn, too much timing I guess. Back it down to 17, turn close loop or open loop whatever it was couldnt remember off. Get it in around 430 and 441. Go to turn it back on and it richens the car up by 2 points across the board. So to make a long story short we are guessing that the car was maybe too damn hot, my o2 sensors are bad at 17000, or <insert advice here>. But I am going back next week to dial her in, getting new plugs new o2 sensors and hoping to make a solid 435 440.

Any advice on this would help, I know there are a lot of people with the same mods as me, THANKS!

billyfe390

Banned
I think it was just too hot. Lets see next week and go from there but Im willing to bet it will dial in nicely.

Also the maf will need cleaned since that K&N looked like it sat in a 5 gal bucket of oil for a week, Ill show you how to do it since that oil wreaks havoc on the maf.

All in all it seemed like everything went well minus the recommended belt that was wrong.

BTW I was the one that put the pulley and fipk on for ya and congrats on the numbers man its a strong runner.

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
billyfe390 said:
I think it was just too hot. Lets see next week and go from there but Im willing to bet it will dial in nicely.

Also the maf will need cleaned since that K&N looked like it sat in a 5 gal bucket of oil for a week, Ill show you how to do it since that oil wreaks havoc on the maf.

All in all it seemed like everything went well minus the recommended belt that was wrong.

BTW I was the one that put the pulley and fipk on for ya and congrats on the numbers man its a strong runner.

That makes sense those maf's getting dirty from the K&N filters are a mofo, see that alot. good luck on the dyno, can't wait to see it run. :beer:

BruntzySVT

Established Member
MAF, i was running 14-13 with my K&N in on my tune, rotated her back to stock added a tad fuel, throwing out 11.5-10.8

Users who are viewing this thread