Problem when first starting car

Jake0521

Established Member
I have a 2013 GT A6 41,000 miles. Upgrades are JLT CAI and Magnaflow street catback. I've been having an issue that I'm not sure if it is normal or not, because it only does it once then doesn't do it again until after the car has been turned off for a couple hours. When I start car, usually drive a few blocks then go to pull out onto the highway and go to accelerate it's seems like it goes through 1st and 2nd fine then in 3rd it seems like it revs clear up, but almost feels like a clutch is slipping(if it was a manual) then it feel like it bogs down bit, then shifts then runs fine and won't do it again until the car has set for a few hours.

Any ideas what it would be? I'm just running the JLT tune that came on the SCT until I put long tubes on next week then I'll be getting a "proper" tune.

Jake0521

Established Member
It only does it at first I'd say 70% throttle, then doesn't do it again even at WOT, until like I said the car has. Even if for an hour or so.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
These are the two options I would consider before worrying about anything. First one would be slap the stock intake back on and load stock tune file and see what happens. If it clears up you know its a tuning issue. Second issue would be to just wait until you have the car tuned after your header install and see if the issue continues.

If the issue does continue I really dont know where to start but im pretty sure its something in your tune causing the issue. Best of luck and most importantly keep this thread updated on what you find out.

Users who are viewing this thread