Problem shifting after tob install

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Ok guys I just replaced my tob and the retainer sleeve. Overall the job went smooth. but when I just reinstalled the shifter, the car wont go in 3 and 4, but it will go in to 1,2,5,6. This is with the car off as I can not start it yet. Is this normal after reinstalling the trans and I havent spun it yet? Or do I have another problem? As far as I remember when the car is off you can hit all of the gears. So is this normal or do I need to pull it apart again?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Might sound dumb, but I've heard of people putting the shifter on backwards. Just a thought.

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
No that's definitely not it. I don't think anything would have happened that I can't get it to go in to them gears? I'm at a loss. Maybe if I start the car they will go in gear

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Yea I backed my adjuster out to where it was before. The clutch desks good the shifter just keeps binding up. More I think about it maybe I need to start the car and spin the trans

SILVER_SVT_GT

Established Member
Don't know if of any importance. But we did stand trans on end vertically to aid in installing front cover. Can't see that causing any issues. But should throw that out there just in case. Slid back into engine with ease by hand.

Anybody?

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
I wouldn't be concerned until you try this with the car running. I've noticed that sometimes I cannot put mine into gear with the car off but never had any problems with the car running. Not sure why this is (maybe a synchro thing?), but I've always thought it was normal.

Franco

Established Member
I wouldn't be concerned until you try this with the car running. I've noticed that sometimes I cannot put mine into gear with the car off but never had any problems with the car running. Not sure why this is (maybe a synchro thing?), but I've always thought it was normal.

same for me

Bigggy

Established Member
Turn the engine over by hand or either just crank it (with the clutch engage) simply to move the gears in the trans, might just work.

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Gonna try with it with the motor running when I get my blower back. I know before I used to hit all 6 that's why I was concerned

Users who are viewing this thread