problem or not

svtec99

Established Member
So here is the thing, i went on a cruise through the woods today on a curvy road, i down shifted into to third around a corner and the car bogged out and died.

could this be an emergency shutoff or something else.

(*Useful info) i just got done with an engine swap from the 99 cobra to 03 cobra long block, My tune from RWTD is on its way.

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
So here is the thing, i went on a cruise through the woods today on a curvy road, i down shifted into to third around a corner and the car bogged out and died.

could this be an emergency shutoff or something else.

(*Useful info) i just got done with an engine swap from the 99 cobra to 03 cobra long block, My tune from RWTD is on its way.

Fuel problem? What kind of fuel system and set up do you have? Power Adder, etc...

svtec99

Established Member
no power adders yet, other than the normal bolt-on stuff. and it is the stock 99 fuel system, i was under the assumption that i didn't need to upgrade the fuel system until i went with forced induction. i am not driving the car until the tune gets here, so we will see.

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
What was the nature of the "bogging down"? did it sputter before it died, popping, etc? Describe the event in as much detail as possible

svtec99

Established Member
I cut the corner and at 75% of completion i dropped gears to pull out, it sputtered for less than a second and died, BTW it sucks when your power steering and breaks go out, well anyway i coasted to a stop and it turned over on the second attempt and i was off again, very cautiously. it felt kinda sluggish from then on for about 20 minutes or so, but only going into to fourth,

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
if it was a clogged filter would i smell gas fumes inside the car

I wouldn't think so. No fuel should leak out w/a clogged fuel filter.

Here's a stupid question: were you really low on gas? If you were really having fun in the corners, maybe you sloshed all the fuel to one side. I did that in my '91 once. It sputtered like crazy until I finished the turn. Then I drove straight to a gas station.

01cobradude

Established Member
How much fuel was in the tank at the time? Possible loss of fuel pressure when fuel sloshed on hard turn under power?

svtar15

Drive fast,Shoot Straight
Established Member
Mine died every so often when I changed my intake, but after the tune, it was corrected. Mine also was only when I pushed in the clutch to downshift or stop.

svtec99

Established Member
sorry for the late response but i was in training for the past week and a half. but anyway, there was quite a bit of fuel in the sysyem, my guess about 3/4 of a tank.

I got my tuner yesterday, installed it and everything went good. so i took it for a spin and she sounded like she wanted to backfire when iw went to slow down while i was in gear. when i took it out of gear it was fine, smooth idle no bellowed sounds. today i am going to reflash it with different setting and see if it changes.
thanks so much for your guys inputs.
Tony

Users who are viewing this thread