Problem - need opinions

Quick98Cobra

98 SVT Cobra Driver
Established Member
I have searched about every word combo I could think of so I need help. Here's the scenario.

Just had my ford racing B springs installed with an alignment recently. Shortly thereafter I (stupidly) went over 2 speed bumps and heard scraping. Now when I'm shifting about every 3rd shift into 1st or 2nd I get a clunk right as I disengage the clutch. Do you think my shift fork is bent? Do you think it has something to do with the springs? I can't recall if it was clunking or not before I went over the speed bumps. I have yet to get under the car. Just curious on everyone's thoughts. If it is the shift fork what can I do to fix it? Thanks in advance all.

Martin6107

Established Member
Did you get under the car yet? The scraping noise was most likely a catalytic converter getting banged up. In order to bend the shift fork you would have to mangle the bell housing pretty badly. How were the u-joints on the drive shaft when you installed it?

Quick98Cobra

98 SVT Cobra Driver
Established Member
No. I don't have catalytic converters. The drive shaft has been in a long time. Not sure on the u joints. Haven't had time yet to get underneath

Zemedici

Established Member
I seriously doubt you damaged an internal transmission component. You'd scrape your K member or your midpipe/mufflers before you hit the bellhousing.

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
U-joints? Trans mount going south? Maybe tweeked the mid pipe and its hitting something? Have you re-checked all the bolts that got taken out during the spring swap?

Is this happening when accelerating or decelerating? Will it make the sound when the car isn't moving?

Users who are viewing this thread