problem more boost less power?

dansvt

dansvt
Established Member
have a kb2.4 with 6lower and 3 upper for 24lbs and on my gauge i saw 30 and last year 24 ??? the belt split or tensionneur? and when i do donut the car cut like i miss fuel???the car don't have the same torque and hp then before ?? help me !

red347

Banned
His question was why his boost went to 30 pounds all of a sudden, and his power went down. It was steady at 24 pounds all of last year, and then he lost power, but his boost went up for no apparent reason. The only thing I could think of was a plugged cat. Any other idea?

WDW MKR

Established Member
have a kb2.4 with 6lower and 3 upper for 24lbs and on my gauge i saw 30 and last year 24 ??? the belt split or tensionneur? and when i do donut the car cut like i miss fuel???the car don't have the same torque and hp then before ?? help me !

Man, that's a bit hard to read. A split belt or bad tensioner would result in slip and produce less boost... not more. You either have a faulty gauge or a downstream restriction. My guess would be the latter given your description of lost power. I'd refrain from any hard driving (i.e. donuts) until you get it fixed. If you have cats, I'd start there.

I hope this isn't all on pump fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread