Probably crazy but im trading my 12 for a 14- 5000 otd difference.

dru440

Established Member
Hey guys Im wondering if I lost my mind or if this actually makes sense. I was looking the other day and saw Ford had an extra $1000 rebate for Black Friday on Mustangs. I also have another leased car in my name so this gave me an additional $1000. On top of another $1000 and then $500 from Ford which gave me a total of $3500 in Rebates. I receive Ford A plan so the 32090 sticker price ended up being 290xx which after rebates is 255xx. Received 20500 for my trade 2012 Base 6mt 5.0 in Gray with 19200 miles. Which ultimately got me to a bottom line of 264xx otd which was right around 5000 with tax difference. The Vehicle I am purchasing is also gray and only has the 373 gears as an option. Appearance is a big upgrade on the 14 though with the blacked out taillights, different front, led lights, and different hood. Another reason for me to do this is a chipped windshield and someone scraped my bumper in a parking lot. Is this unjustifiable? Am I missing something?

hitmix300

Established Member
I would do it in a heartbeat. I think the body and lights are out of this world. If you can afford it and you think it's a good idea, do it!

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I would also do it. Would be a different story if you had a ton of mods and time into the 12. But if not then go for it!

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
Just fix the bumper and windshield. I wouldn't do it unless I was going base to premium and/or stick to auto.

dru440

Established Member
Did it... very happy with my decision... the LED lights are nice, the painted body side moldings, the rear end look is different and the hood is definetely an upgrade... I did not swap out steering wheels on my 12 so the premium leather wrapped steering wheel is a HUGE advantage. The 8 hp is also a plus but the 373 gears is well worth the 395 factory installed option- if you look at it that way I really paid 4600 to go into a new one. The 373 gears are perfect match for the 5.0 heck it could probably handle even a little more gear.

jjd975

Established Member
I would do it but in the back of my mind I would be thinking about the 2015 and what it would cost to get into one of those.

NoVA_Mike

Established Member
I would have put $5k towards a supercharger and just fixed any damage through my insurance.

Pop the hood on a 2012 with supercharger and ask a guy with a stock 2014 about his front end and taillights... See which way the conversation goes.

Last edited:

Masheen365

Established Member
Did it... very happy with my decision... the LED lights are nice, the painted body side moldings, the rear end look is different and the hood is definetely an upgrade... I did not swap out steering wheels on my 12 so the premium leather wrapped steering wheel is a HUGE advantage. The 8 hp is also a plus but the 373 gears is well worth the 395 factory installed option- if you look at it that way I really paid 4600 to go into a new one. The 373 gears are perfect match for the 5.0 heck it could probably handle even a little more gear.

Well congrats! I was going to say do it. But I'm a bad influence. I took a 5K hit on my 2011 scab F150 for a 13 GT.

For what I owe Ford Credit now I could have got a 13 Boss. Kind kickin myself in the ass for wanting a "sport truck" a couple years ago. Lol

Jtaugner

Established Member
I would have put $5k towards a supercharger and just fixed any damage through my insurance.

Pop the hood on a 2012 with supercharger and ask a guy with a stock 2014 about his front end and taillights... See which way the conversation goes.

This x2. 2013+ are nice but I wouldn't take a $5k loss on my 12' for one.

KrisR

Established Member
I must be in the minority, but I prefer the look of the 10-12 over the 13-14. I would probably just keep what you have.

clean92lx

Established Member
I would've been very tempted to do it but in the end I would've definitely waited a couple months and got a 15'

Users who are viewing this thread