Probable Scam on Black 04 Cobra on Autotrader

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
So i was doing my daily Terminator search to see if there were any good deals. And I found one that was frankly to good to be true.

Pictured kinda blurry was an 04 Black Coupe with 11k miles completely stock and not a scratch on it for 14,600!

I called the (Mass area code) number but got the machine recording "the number you have dialed is not in service." Then I emailed and got a return email stating the car was in virginia, seller was "a serious seller and a fair trader and preferred to deal with only serious buyers" went on to say "Anyway I have to let you know that I want a fast deal bc i need money asap."

I asked to see the car in person, if it had a clean title(it did) and in response I got "I will ship the car, we will go thru ebay..you have 3 days to test drive it and if you dont like it ebay wont send me the money until you ok that the car is what you wanted"

I asked to see the car in person still. and she finished with "I had the car listed on ebay and went to ship it to the buyer, but the buyer didnt get approved by the loan so now the shipping company has the car and it is ready to be shipped anywhere"

Warning!

Edit: The kicker is "her" name is Jessica.

Last edited:

96BlackStangGT

Established Member
That's Ironic...I saw almost the same exact deal on auto trader not to long ago, a friend sent me the link thinking id be interested. It was an 03 RF though, not black.. had about 13k miles on it and they wanted 12k for it. I got the info for it and the woman "selling" it said she lived in Florda (or some where along that area) and that a man in Texas had purchased the car and it was shipped to him, but the sale ended up not going through because he couldn't get the loan and now the car was in Texas with the shipping company ready to be shipped. In the pics, something didn't look right. One of the pictures of the engine comp. was EXTREMELY dirty, but the exterior looked clean...looked almost like it had serious water damage or something. I didn't even think twice about getting it. Now seeing the deal you found, it is definitely B/S.

rsnyder

SVT
Established Member
It's a common scam guys, don't fall victim. If it's too good to be true, then it's not real. Follow your instinct. I see scams like this almost every day!

jtf8751

Established Member
Yep I have several emails from her telling me she will be going through a ebay agent (escrow). LOL Ebay doesn't even have an escrow service so yeah I knew it was a scam from the beginning and when she was saying she would pay shipping. I would love to meet these people face to face, wouldn't be pretty. :bash:

jsucil89

Established Member
Ran in to the same thing in August. It was an Autotrader scam with an 04', 11K miles with a wierd zip/area code. I emailed the guy and he replied then called me later that day. He said he was losing his house and needed $15K to keep it, so he was selling his "baby". Same deal with the ebay shipping company about the past buyer who committed to buying but couldn't get the loan. I sensed it was a scam from the beginning, but was still curious. The guy even emailed me a fake carfax and ebay purchase protection program documents for the sale.

If you ever want to know if it's a scam or not, ask the seller to put a cell phone or certain object in the seat of the car and email you the picture.

mustangmiller

Deuce Performance
Established Member
When I come by ads like this and I have time its always fun to string them out for a while. I seen a thing on tv about this where someone had one of the scammers going for over a year! Quite funny if you have the time.

LS Nova

Established Member
Oh just what I want to see

Being new to the forums I glad to see these ****ing ass jam scam artists are being discussed so I don't get ****ed!!! & thats why I joined this forum !!Which I have been lurking around for some time so I have some confidence in buying something here because everybody knows everybody & I take all of your opinions very seriously.....& Thanks for the future advice!!!
Oh yea I jumped the fence!!! Went from a 67 LS Nova to something with F-Power (I HOPE)................JL

Users who are viewing this thread