Pro-kit OR Sportline?

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
Just purchased a 99 Black Cobra. SETS WAY TO HIGH:lol:
I would luv to hear any and all opinions on these 2 above mentioned springs. Problems? Caster Camber plates REquired??

Need more sound as well....xpipe or is it an h-pipe...or is it a 2 chamber or a 3 chamber....borla....mac....flowmaster....dynomax....HOLY CONFUSED BATMAN!!!

Does it matter that I am putting on a ATI charger kit this winter?

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
IMO the sportlines look better, but the car will ride bouncy with stock shocks & struts and your are more likely to need C&C plates. I have the pro-kit on my car and it rides stock and sits nice with no C&C plates. If I did it again I'd buy the H&R Sport Springs. Here's a pic of my car before and after the pro-kit:

cobra3.jpg

springs.jpg

-Rick

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
Thanks for the quick responses guys! I think the pro-kit will probably do. Thanks forthe pix of the yellow Cobra..before & after shots.

I really want to stay with the ATI scharge kit becuz they are headquartered right here in Kansas City. 4 miles from me is all. So i can take the car to them if questions, etc... come up.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
no prob, the only thing I didn't like after I lowered it was that the stock wheels appeared to sit way underneath the car in the rear. I put Cobra R's on and it looked much better. Here's another pic.

carsale.jpg

-Rick

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
I love that yellow! Isn't it amazing how rims(especially Chrome)can make a car look like a million dollars!

I am planning on 18 X 9 Chrome Saleen rims and still looking for a really brawny body kit. Maybe a S351 kit.

What mods have u done on your Cobra? Any regrets? Thanks

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
I actually sold the car Wednesday. It was almost completely stock when I sold it but before I had a MAC Offroad H-Pipe, 2 Chamber Flowmasters, K&N, 4.30 Gear, Livernois Motorsports Custom Burned Chip, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, GT Side Scoops. Those mods alone really woke the car up and many people ask if I regret the gear, but I'd definitely do it again. It wasn't bad at all. If I kept the car it definitely would have a solid rear end in it.

A Cobra with the Saleen kit and wheels would be awesome.. you'd have the best of both worlds, a quick car with awesome looks.

-Rick

Users who are viewing this thread