pro charger install.

vtecthis349pony

IRS Assassin
Established Member
Guys. I do not have the instructions. And have NO idea how this D1SC goes on! Does anyone have a link to there instructions? Cause I cant find it. This is intercooled. ON A 97 COBRA.
I have put a Vortech V-1 on a 98 but wtf? What is this emissions stuff in front of the motor that connect to the headers?

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Huh? you shouldnt have to mess with any emissions stuff.. Call procharger and get an instuction book...

I thinking your talking about the air injection system..

vtecthis349pony

IRS Assassin
Established Member
That is what I am talking about. That is emissions stuff. This does not make any sense. Cant call pro charger. Not open. I am doing this for a friend. I got a 03 cobra.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
you shouldnt have to mess with anything in the emissions.. if its an 03 post up in the termy secion... you find more information..

MustangBetty

You're talking about the triangle shaped bracket for the air pump right?

You remove the passenger side foglight, then put the bracket/pump there and reinstall the foglight. At least on a 97 with a P1SC(should be identical). This way the pipe coming out of the intercooler can be routed through the fender, then the opening into the engine bay.

Oh, and Prochargers Tech guys are ****ing awesome if you need anything from them.

Last edited by a moderator:

vtecthis349pony

IRS Assassin
Established Member
Ya but i cant call them.... This is what i got done.... Battery off. coolant cross over removed. battery disconnected. Pass coil removed. That is it. cant get the bracket to line up! Dont get this why don't they have a spot on there web site for the instructions. Vortech does! Not hard! Spend the extra time/money to do that. Good god! This is SO gay!

MustangBetty

Which bracket? The one I talked about? I've installed and removed an intercooled procharger on a cobra. Maybe I can help you.

vtecthis349pony

IRS Assassin
Established Member
Does any one have the directions? If so could you fax them to me? I will PM you my fax #. I am trying to install one on my friends car. Don't have the directions. It must be Pro Charger.
His car is sitting at my house. The coolant cross over tube is removed the passenger coil is removed. Cant figure anything more.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Sorry for some reason i was thinking 03... its was 1:30 and I was drunk...

they are open on monday... did your friend get a used kit? try searching for pics, if you cant get a set of directions...

vtecthis349pony

IRS Assassin
Established Member
ok I got the blower on cant get the inter cooler on. This kit was for a 99 and he has a 97. I dont know what is going on some one shed some light. I got the blower on and the inter cooler piping to the intercooler.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
the intercooler should have two tabs on the bottom of it, you will disconnect the bolts holding the power steering lines and use those holes mounting the intercooler, using the new bolts to mount both the intercooler and power steering lines to the front frame.

vtecthis349pony

IRS Assassin
Established Member
The guy my friend bought this from did not send the coolant cross over tube..... And like I said this is a 99 kit so the part that bolts to the tb wont work..... IDEA'S? WHAT ABOUT THE MASS AIR???

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
you can use a cross over tube from a mach 1 if you can find it ... the mass air should be mounted ni the pass side fender and you can get a c&l intake or BBK to go the the throttle body..

vtecthis349pony

IRS Assassin
Established Member
Ok so he ordered the wrong mass air. Also the intake on the blower has a IAT sen. and so does the intake tube that bolts to the TB (stock 97) has a IAT sen. WTF??? I am going to post pic's off all the prob.

vtecthis349pony

IRS Assassin
Established Member
IMG_0934.jpg

The stock 97 cobra intake compared to the 99..... Note the Intake Air Temp sensor. (the one you cant see lol)

IMG_0935.jpg

No room for air filter. Hood does not look like it will close. Note the other IAT sensor.

IMG_0936.jpg

Coil Bracket will not bolt up... Does the kit come with a new one? Vortech has one.

IMG_0937.jpg

The power steering lines are blocking the inter cooler.

Now remember I do not have the instructions... OR ALL THE PARTS...

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
your missing the coil pack bracket... and I just modified my coolant lines ( shortened).... IAT should be on the intake side... you'll need a new intake, stock wont work.. My IAT is on the tube going to the throttle body.. It has a small airfilter that goes towards the fender

Im guessing you didnt call Procharger today and get instruction or the missing parts?? Why dont you just to that... they come with a parts manual telling you what you need.. and to your friend, he should do a little more research....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread