Pro-50 Clicking/Feeling Gears Mesh

Cannons

Established Member
I have searched on here but dint find anything. Can someone explain why a Pro-50 Shifter Makes the transmission shift like %$^# compared to the stock one? With the pro, I can feel gears meshing into eachother sometimes, I can kinda hear them too. Sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesnt. With the stock shifter there is no slop in the shifts and it goes into gear perfect each time.

rwhp

Established Member
I Have A Tri Axe And Its Really Notchy And My Buddy Has One In His 97 And Its The Same Way.

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
if you still have the rubber isolator from the stock handle, you can reuse half of it to isolate the handle from the shifter and that should take care of the rough and notchy feeling

95YellowGTBeast

LS7killr
Established Member
BlownShift said:
if you still have the rubber isolator from the stock handle, you can reuse half of it to isolate the handle from the shifter and that should take care of the rough and notchy feeling
are you talking about the rubber inside the metal thing around the stock shifter?

Thanks

Nick

Cannons

Established Member
Its hard to explain but its like the shifter kicks back a couple times on the shifts. Almost as if the clutch wasnt in all the way.

95YellowGTBeast

LS7killr
Established Member
that doesnt sound good....if the clutch doesnt engage most of the time u miss the shift. I had that problem and got a firewall adjuster and quadrant and it fixed the problem.

Nick

Cannons

Established Member
95YellowGTBeast said:
that doesnt sound good....if the clutch doesnt engage most of the time u miss the shift. I had that problem and got a firewall adjuster and quadrant and it fixed the problem.

Nick
I have that already and the clutch works fine. What I was saying is "It feels like that situation" Not that it actually is. Its hard to explain a feel and sounds :)

PhillyCobra

Established Member
With Pro 5.0 installed without rubber in handle, shifting should feel notchier but more precise, and require more effort than stock. You can feel what's going on inside the trans (vibration, sliding into gear, etc.) because there's a more direct link to the trans. If it doesn't work better than stock, there's something wrong-- installation problem or clutch not disengaging all the way.

95YellowGTBeast

LS7killr
Established Member
BlownShift said:

thanks for telling me this like you mention it fixed my notchness in my pro 5.0 shifter, i luv it now!

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
95YellowGTBeast said:
are you talking about the rubber inside the metal thing around the stock shifter?

Thanks

Nick

(if I remember right) there are two pieces and at least one of them is a metal bracket with the inside lined with rubber... I was only able to use half of it with my Pro 5.0 handle but I put it in between the shifter handle and the shifter base so that the handle is isolated from the base. This eliminated the notchy feeling.

I have a MGW Cobra knob with a Pro 5.0 handle and stock shifter base. The trans shifts great, like cutting butter with a hot knife.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread