Pro 5.0 Power STICK WTF?

rob10s2

SVT Wannabe
Established Member
well i (started to) pull my (what i thought was) stock shifter today for shits and giggles and came across this:
PIC-0074.jpg

yes, that says power stick! wtf is this? the shifter does not feel aftermarket, but looks it:
PIC-0073.jpg

thats an adjustable stop! heres a vid of the throws: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCRledehIyo"]YouTube - Pro 5.0 Power Stick?[/ame]
anyone seen this crazy nonsense before? :shrug:

rob10s2

SVT Wannabe
Established Member
i just want to know why the hell it says power stick! also why does my shifter base look aftermarket, when it feels just like my dads stock T56

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
If you would've read the front of the Shifter base, it would've said "Pro 5.0"
You have a Pro 5.0 shifter dude.

rob10s2

SVT Wannabe
Established Member
what the hell, this shifter sucks. the pro 5.0 in my buddys mach 1 has shifts that are litteraly half of what mine are. does the different tranny make that much differance? i thought it was a stock shifter, this is a piece of crap

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
I've got a pro 5.0 on mine that is TONS better than my stocker felt... but is super lax compared to the pro5.0 on my buddies 02 GT... That thing is super tight notchy and short short throws. Mine is smooth, has some clicky in it, and still has a longer throw as opposed to his

3650>t45

rob10s2

SVT Wannabe
Established Member
did you guys watch the video? it seems like its a stock throw lenght. will a steeda handle help in that aspect (throw length, faster shifts)

fire

Bleeding Blue
Established Member
How to hell do you shift with that gauge right in front of your shifter? I'm like cringing over here just thinking how soon it would take me to smash that thing up.... on a better note though, I just bought a T56 and have a steeda tri-axe in my t45, so if you're interested send me a PM.. the things like new, maybe 2k miles on it

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
my pro. 5.0 is set up and its got short throws and its notcjhgy and firm the way I like it so I know its in gear, you may need to adjust the stop on it

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
did you guys watch the video? it seems like its a stock throw lenght. will a steeda handle help in that aspect (throw length, faster shifts)

I have an adjustable handle that may help you out. The threaded part (where the knob goes) swivels to the position you desire.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
i actually like the looks of how that shifts. I actually want longer throws. I have the tremec shifter on mine that came with my tko. ITs way to short for me especially since i dont do any types of racing

Users who are viewing this thread