Pricing not available until June

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
I was told by a local dealer owner (friend of mine) that the 2013 pricing will be on hold and unreleased until June. possibly late May.

this is a dealer owner as a source, not Ford. I will not state who they are or the dealer location.

wondering if anyone else has anything on the subject of when pricing will become available.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
No knock to your guy, but he was misinformed, there's alot of that going around

My ford dealer is on the ford dealer council, and one of my clients is as well. They've all said pricing will come before production.

Not only that: but logic says otherwise.

Most consumers won't order a vehicle that the don't know the price of, and since Job1 is before June...it'll be announced well before then.

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
I anxiously await the date pricing is released. these are good times to be a muscle car enthusiast, GM and ford alike. dodge doesn't have anything out there to compete with though really from the sounds of it. best they have is an SRT8 Challenger or a SRT10 Viper when they bring them back out, but the viper is too high a cost.

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
As bad as I want pricing to be available and to place my order, I don't mind waiting a little longer if that's the case. At this rate I'll be able to buy the car cash and finance my options!! :)

Crushinator

Established Member
As bad as I want pricing to be available and to place my order, I don't mind waiting a little longer if that's the case. At this rate I'll be able to buy the car cash and finance my options!! :)

Same here. The longer I wait, the less I have to finance. But not knowing the price is driving me crazy!

bpmurr

Established Member
The 13 Boss I ordered should be at the dealer any day. I'd certainly like a 13 GT500 but Ford holding out on pricing is holding off my final decision.

speednutz

Established Member
This is 100% not true. Price shortly.

I'll believe that when I see it.

Called two dealers yesterday and they don't have a clue when pricing will be coming out.

Personally I think Ford is waiting to see how many orders they get without releasing and how many inquiries they get and then will determine the price.

If I'm wrong I will be happy cuz I want to see what it costs sooner than later.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I'll believe that when I see it.

Called two dealers yesterday and they don't have a clue when pricing will be coming out.

Personally I think Ford is waiting to see how many orders they get without releasing and how many inquiries they get and then will determine the price.

If I'm wrong I will be happy cuz I want to see what it costs sooner than later.

That's because dealers virtually never have a clue what they are talking about. Don't ask me how that happens. Half the time it's because they have an agenda, the other half I have no explanation for. If you added up all the predictions attributed to dealers on this site, they'd have a 1% accuracy rate.

Ford isn't waiting for orders or anything. That's not how they determined the price. Definitely sooner rather than later.

peteypab2133

Established Member
That's because dealers virtually never have a clue what they are talking about. Don't ask me how that happens. Half the time it's because they have an agenda, the other half I have no explanation for. If you added up all the predictions attributed to dealers on this site, they'd have a 1% accuracy rate.

Ford isn't waiting for orders or anything. That's not how they determined the price. Definitely sooner rather than later.

I agree with this 100%. These dealers truly do not know information about the car till the training modules are released to them or emailed the news. Thats if they are even a certified SVT dealer. I would guess once the pricing is released all the dealers will catch wind and the trickle down effect will take place.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Most dealers you talk to do not know anything about the car. You will hear all kinds of crazy stuff from the sales guy.

They will of course tell you how they have to charge XXX amount over MSRP because the car is some type of mythical beast that can be seen once a year when the moon is at its apex though....

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member

What I want ot know is why they have not released it yet. Logically, I would think it is already set in stone. Why not just go ahead and make the announcement?

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member
Just read about the system fill date of 3/22, job 1 4/30 and retail builds starting 5/17. Chris! Does that sound about right?

Users who are viewing this thread