prices for a 98 cobra/saleen

DEADLYSVT03

Established Member
i just need a little help. i am looking for a 96-98 cobra low milage car to buy. i just came across a 98 saleen coupe, yellow in color. the ad is :

98 s281, THE CAR HAS 123,000 highway miles, it has recently had a tune up, water pump replaced, new shocks, struts, brakes, and tires installed. it has eibach sportline springs on it, hotchkis c/c plates, mac prochamber, spintech mufflers, s351 style wing on it, and a 2 point roll bar. the car is garage kept and usually never dirty. blue book value on the car is $19,600, he is asking $13,900. for whoever gets this car... your lucky cause you will be driving one of the nicest sn-95s i have seen! here are a few pics

i was just wondering. is that price high for that many miles? the car in the pics looks super clean but it just seems a little high

whitecobra98

Established Member
mileage seems high for the year, even if it is highway...especially if you're looking for a low mileage car.

whitecobra98

Established Member
without seeing the pics its hard to tell. the saleens dont do much for me. just an example, my '98 has only 37K on it and im asking 13k or bo. Its spotless. so if the saleen is spotless also, I would have to decide how much I would trust a motor with that many miles on it. Not saying that it wasn't taken care of, but definitely not a low mileage Cobra.

DEADLYSVT03

Established Member
Here Are The Pics Of The Car

saleen007_edited-1.gif

saleen006_edited-1-1.gif

saleen006_edited-1.gif

saleen004_edited-1.gif

saleen002_edited-1.gif

saleen001_edited-1.gif

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
yeah if your looking for a low mileage car i think 100K+ miles for a 98 is a bit high. For 14k you can easily find a 99/01 cobra with alot lower miles than the saleen. Plus its a 2V motor also right..

yefferys50

Established Member
A Saleen Cobra should be worth about 13K with the kind of mileage it has. The actual Saleen Cobra's are extremely rare...on another note those pics you sent make me doubt whether it's a real Cobra. The pics make me think it's a GT. Just my .02.

DEADLYSVT03

Established Member
the car is a regular saleen. sorry if the title confused you,i was looking for a price comparisson of the 2 cars.

but the car is a rugular saleen

Bluebook on the new edge WITH Supercharger isn't 19k, so don't let him fool you. Heck, I wouldn't even believe it is a real saleen. So many people try to pass off fake saleens as real it isn't even funny.

The thing has a lot of miles, and although the saleen kit looks badass, the 2v engine is a PoS. Get a cobra man, you will be far better off in the end. Not to mention 1.5seconds faster in the 1/4...

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
That Saleen is not a Cobra. The Cobra Saleens have the Cobra badges on the side of the vehicle instead of the running pony. Also it comes with the Cobra hood and it doesn't have that either. Also like said before the wing on the back is a regular S281 wing it is definetly not a 351 wing. The 351 comes off of the body. I would check the engine and see if it is a 2v or a 4v. Just look at it and you will be able to tell.

Venomous Cobra

ballinn!!!
Established Member
cobraboy169 said:
That Saleen is not a Cobra. The Cobra Saleens have the Cobra badges on the side of the vehicle instead of the running pony. Also it comes with the Cobra hood and it doesn't have that either. Also like said before the wing on the back is a regular S281 wing it is definetly not a 351 wing. The 351 comes off of the body. I would check the engine and see if it is a 2v or a 4v. Just look at it and you will be able to tell.
not only that it doesnt have the cobra badges and hood...it also has reg headlights cobras had the clear diamond ones..

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
I wouldnt pay more then 7500.00 for that. You can find a real nice cobra with low miles for 9k-12k. the market is soft right now so cars are not selling. that means great deals for buyers. keep looking thats my 2 cents:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread