Prices and value compared to 07-09 GT500

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I have a deposit on my Terminator and would have to assume that it will be gone within the next couple of weeks. I'm trying to decide what my next garage queen will be and I'm pretty much reserved to the fact that I can't get a 2010 GT500 without a payment, so I'm keeping my sights on the 2011 GT and the 2007-2009 GT500's.

I'm currious as to what kind of price I can expect to pay for a new GT. I know what MSRP is, but I refuse to pay MSRP for anything, let alone a Mustang. So, is it inconcievable to think that I'd be able to get a GT for around a $1000 over invoice? The last new car I bought was back in 2000 when I bought my 00 GT for $100 over invoice (at a dealership that sells almost all their cars at $100 over invoice). I doubt that with the popularity of these new GT's (or should I call it hype) I'll be able to find it that cheap, but has anyone been able to order one for considderably under MSRP?

Kn38ms

Glockaholic...
Established Member
Wait until Jan 2011 and you will get one for invoice minus the big rebates.
Economy is still in the sh*tter ;-)

ETA: if you can't wait go to blue oval news and request an X-Plan Pin#

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I can wait, no problem at all. I just thought it would be nice to be able to order a car exactly the way I want it for once. I won't pay a premium for a car and certainly will never pay MSRP or more for a car. What I want is not what I need, patience is a virtue when it comes to car shopping ;-)

Kewlv8

Established Member
I have a deposit on my Terminator and would have to assume that it will be gone within the next couple of weeks. I'm trying to decide what my next garage queen will be and I'm pretty much reserved to the fact that I can't get a 2010 GT500 without a payment, so I'm keeping my sights on the 2011 GT and the 2007-2009 GT500's.

I'm currious as to what kind of price I can expect to pay for a new GT. I know what MSRP is, but I refuse to pay MSRP for anything, let alone a Mustang. So, is it inconcievable to think that I'd be able to get a GT for around a $1000 over invoice? The last new car I bought was back in 2000 when I bought my 00 GT for $100 over invoice (at a dealership that sells almost all their cars at $100 over invoice). I doubt that with the popularity of these new GT's (or should I call it hype) I'll be able to find it that cheap, but has anyone been able to order one for considderably under MSRP?

The 2011 GT is a good daily driver, the GT500 is the true Garage Car. Grab a brand new leftover 2009 GT500 for ~$40k, over time add the TVS and suspension, and you have a mid-11 second, limited production garage car!

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I'm not really looking to go too fast at this point. My cobra is a 10 second car and just like the rest, lost my interest. I have a really hard time keeping interest in cars, that's another reason I'm hesitant to buy a brand new one since you lose so much value right out of the gate.
I think at this point, I just want something that I can enjoy driving on nice days and maybe enter into some shows for fun. Obviously I want something that will get up and go, but I don't need another "monster." Whatever I get will most likely just get some minor mods this time around with the emphasis on looks, my days of pushing the envelope are done for now until I can come up with the funds to do it right (dedicated strip car).
I won't be DDing the car no matter what it is though, it'll be a garage queen.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Just get an xplan from someone and go buy the 11'. I have not heard of dealers turning away xplans, but you may have to order the car.

aquill1

Established Member
They aren't turning down xplan. Most dealers will do it if they can (this is what 5star ford in North Richland Hills, TX told me.)

Talk to this guy ([ame=http://forums.themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=479855]2011 Mustang Price List NOW AVAILABLE!!! - The Mustang Source[/ame]) I don't know who he is but a lot of people have already ordered from him. I called him yesterday and await his return phone call about what the price for what I want will be. The price he asks is like a few hundred over invoice+holdback or something like that. He also has the pdf showing the invoice/invoice+holdback/msrp of the 2011's. If you can get an x-plan pin if will be very close to invoice from what I read on that thread.

I think how it works is he'll order it for you and have it delivered directly to a local dealer and you pay the $850 shipping/whatever fee it is. You'd pay this regardless of whether you order one from the local dealer or not, he's just giving a better deal off the bat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread