Price for 15K mile service?

AC 5.0

Established Member
I was just curious what a reasonable price for this is. My dealer wants to charge me something like $220 and I thought it seemed kinda high. :shrug:

My Lexus IS350, at 15,000 miles the dealership would come and pick me up from my house, give me a loaner, perform more stuff, and wash my car at the end for less than that. And their dealership is much nicer than the Ford dealership, their shop makes the Ford Quick Lane look like a Jiffy Lube.

scotmach

Established Member
What exactly are they going to do at 15,000 miles? The only thing that could come up at that mileage is an oil change depending on when it was last done.

SicShelby09

Banned
I was just curious what a reasonable price for this is. My dealer wants to charge me something like $220 and I thought it seemed kinda high. :shrug:

My Lexus IS350, at 15,000 miles the dealership would come and pick me up from my house, give me a loaner, perform more stuff, and wash my car at the end for less than that. And their dealership is much nicer than the Ford dealership, their shop makes the Ford Quick Lane look like a Jiffy Lube.

There is no such thing. They are coming up with shit to charge you for when all you need is an oil change. Pass on that totally.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
15,000 mile service should just be an oil change. Unless u havent rotated your tires. They usually call it a fuel saver package. Lof, rotate and multipoint inspection. Basicly a quick inspection of the car. Should be around $50-60. If u look most dealers have a rebate coupon. You send it in and they send u like $10-15 back. Make sure u ask for it before your service. Some dealers are scum bags.

Last edited:

AC 5.0

Established Member
Thanks for the advice guys. Yeah, I passed on the $200 service. I went with just an oil change, and they did it for less than $50!

I think it's time for me to start to learn how to do things myself. I'm useless mechanically :(

mike.b

Established Member
those packages are such a joke. i'd start listening to that stuff closer to 60k, depending on the brand and car, stuff you should actually do starts around there in some cases.

EDIT: this applies to daily driver minimally modded cars...if you have boosted it or in factory boosted cars, added more this is out the window.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread