Pretty good sale at Kenne Bell right now 25% off Gt500 kits

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I know I should search, but what's the major difference between a Kenne Bell and a TVS style blower. Too lazy to search. Thanks

Alloy Snake

Established Member
When you add up the cost of a new version tvs plus Bap,Throttle body,Intake,It seems to me the difference is very small price wise.And with a KB you are getting a billet case vs a cast.The tvs has made great strides recently and is a great option-I dont think cost is an issue anymore unless you just want to be under 650rwhp.

MattR

Established Member
They are still expensive as hell.

Is it really that expensive? I paid $4500 for mine from Revan Racing that included the 2.8LC, a CAI, air filter,huge throttle body, boost a pump, billet motor mounts, tune, two pullies of your choice, belt, 90mm idler and every last chunk of hose nut or bolt you might need to complete the installation to support 700rwhp.

I think if you add up all thats needed to support 700rwhp with a TVS you will find they are within a few hundred dollars of each other.

idhitit

Established Member
I thought it was a good deal compared to the whipple kits being offered by Lethal that are over $1800 more for the same out come. $4500 is a great deal for 700HP!

Poisonous West

Established Member
You guys have to remember one thing, the $4500 is AFTER the 25% OFF. If theres is a 25% off on a brand new TVS, upgrade TB, BAP, intake, etc. There is a big price different.

You have to compare the FULL price between the two different S/C.

idhitit

Established Member
What? That doesn't even make sense. That is like saying well if my aunt had nuts she would be my uncle.... The blowers are on sale=the end

MattR

Established Member
You guys have to remember one thing, the $4500 is AFTER the 25% OFF. If theres is a 25% off on a brand new TVS, upgrade TB, BAP, intake, etc. There is a big price different.

You have to compare the FULL price between the two different S/C.

All I can tell you is I have a 4500 KB under my hood. It's been this price for a few months. The tvs with supporting parts was similar in price. The kenne bell took me a full day to install by myself.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
What? That doesn't even make sense. That is like saying well if my aunt had nuts she would be my uncle.... The blowers are on sale=the end

I agree. I buy things, and price things based on current price, and compare that to whatever else it is I'm looking at, at their current price. If the price changes tomorrow, then I'll compare prices tomorrow. But today, you can get a new KB kit for $4500, and compared to an equally complete TVS set up, well that's a damn good comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread