Pretty God Day

DEVIL

Established Member
I mentioned running a new Camaro a few weeks back. I had to work until 3:30 today, but the rest of my "buds" went to the track (Edgewater) early. The 2 Mach's were in the lower 13's. The Camaro did a 12.9, but he couldn't use his nitrous because the clutch wouldn't hold. As I got to the track another new Camaro was in front of me. Nice looking car, red, nice looking young guy driving, but it was obviously his first trip to the track. We wound up lining up for the test/tune run. It is my first time to the track since my latest mods, and tune. Lights, action, we're rollin, I eased it out, did some good shifts, and beat my first new SS Camaro, did 13.2. Next was my buddy's Mach just for grins, and I did 12.59, a better time than the modded Camaro. Then Joe comes over with his BEAUTIIFUL Redfire Cobra, and he handed me my ass. That young man, a member of this forum, and really nice guy, beat me twice, 12.674 to my 13.044, and 12.537 to my 13.348 (hit it too hard at the start). His 315's beat my 295's. CoolCobraMatt must be to blame for selling me too narrow tires! lol

PKFIRE

Established Member
It was awesome day! By the way your driving is better than a lot of 03/04 Cobra Drivers i've seen at Edgewater through the years and you said it was your first time with those modifications,lol. I wish you didn't let me drive your car for as short as I had it. It makes me want to upgrade my brakes, clutch and especially the shifter as you did. Everything felt tied down really nice and the parts worked very well together. It was nice meeting you and your buddies. :thumbsup:

Now if you grab some stickier tires you'd be in the 11's!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread