Pressure washers for foam cannons...

pepridgefarm

Established Member
Well i recently bought a torq foam cannon from CG and after my first use wasn't impressed by the foam production due to my electric pressure washers low 1700 psi and 1.4 gpm :cryying:... so now im on the quest of finding a good pressure washer for foam cannon use. id like to hear what you guys use and what types of foam you see from your setup thanks!

jdcobra

Established Member
I bought a Briggs and Stratton 2200 PSI from Sears a couple years ago. I use it with the green nozzle to rinse the car. I feel like it's enough pressure without taking the paint off

pepridgefarm

Established Member
I bought a Briggs and Stratton 2200 PSI from Sears a couple years ago. I use it with the green nozzle to rinse the car. I feel like it's enough pressure without taking the paint off

good to know! im looking for a good durable pressure washer for foam cannon use and produces shaving cream like foam

oldmodman

Established Member
They seem to be very pressure sensitive.

I have a gas powered pressure washer and when I foam with it at full power (4400psi) the foam is so thick that it sticks to the car two inches thick and clings for five minutes.

But when I use my smaller electric 2200 psi electric washer the foam is much thinner and runnier.

pepridgefarm

Established Member
They seem to be very pressure sensitive.

I have a gas powered pressure washer and when I foam with it at full power (4400psi) the foam is so thick that it sticks to the car two inches thick and clings for five minutes.

But when I use my smaller electric 2200 psi electric washer the foam is much thinner and runnier.

yea thats how my 1700 psi one is its like a thin layer of foam, im looking at picking up a gas 3100 psi adn 2.8 gpm we'll see how that does! I also called CG an they said they use honda 2700 psi with 2.3 gpm pressure washers in all their videos

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
I try to keep my settings the same, but it seems like I always have to slightly adjust so I can get to the optimum spray pattern and foam setting.

Merlinii

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
Established Member
I have a bigger gas pressure washer, 4.0gpm, 3800psi. It's a bit of a chore dragging it out, but for big jobs like cleaning the driveway or house it's just what the doctor ordered.

Looking at this MTM foam cannon. Seems like a good option?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A1P6BNCOXUOH35

This one appears the same. $27.69 & FREE Shipping
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZOT9NNW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00
61n9Z5N%2BDzL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

pepridgefarm

Established Member
im using a 2800 psi and 2.3 gpm gas pressure washer now with the same 2 oz of honeydew snow foam and 30 oz of water and thing shoots out super thick foam now!

jdcobra

Established Member
im using a 2800 psi and 2.3 gpm gas pressure washer now with the same 2 oz of honeydew snow foam and 30 oz of water and thing shoots out super thick foam now!

That seems to be the perfect pressure washer to use with vehicles

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I think I have the same power washer you have OP. I opted against gas for the increased cost, maintenance and the fact it would be running the entire time while I wash my car.

FWIW, when I worked in the car wash industry, the goal with the soaps was not to make them as foamy as possible, we could get shaving cream to come out of the arches but that didn't clean quite as well. Too thick of foam and it has a harder time pulling the dirt off of the car. But, I doubt any hand-washer would notice a difference. If you are going over it with a mitt after foaming, it will be clean.

Edit: I missed that you had got a new one.

Last edited:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
That video gives me hope that my Greenworks 1700 PSI will do a half decent job. Got the Maxi Suds II yesterday and the foam cannon should arrive by Tuesday. Getting excited!

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
I really need to get an electric one. Any suggestions on something for a decent price but still able to produce enough power to foam really well?

Users who are viewing this thread