Pressing charges for vandalism?

jliddle

Established Member
Here is the vandalism on my truck > http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/758920-restoration-my-93-pickup.html

This happened last friday night after I left work. No cameras at our shop, not sure if there are any in the nearby buildings.

I filed a police report Saturday morning, the LEO's told me that they would send the report to the "detective". The LEO's that filed the report didnt say much about how the "proof/guilty" determination system works.

I am 99% sure I know exactly who it is, as explained in my thread above.

How could I gain enough proof in this situation to find the person who vandalized my truck?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
You dont press charges. You file a complaint or make a police report and the police investigate, if there is enough evidence to arrest someone, an arrest is made and the prosecutors office will determine if charges are filed.

If you know the person who did, tell the police. Trying to gather evidence on your own will likely end up with that evidence not being admitted.

jliddle

Established Member
So I should just wait for the police to get in touch with me?

I know where the person stays for sure as of today, and had planned on telling them if the detective had called. Should I let the police know tomorrow where his current place of residence is?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
So I should just wait for the police to get in touch with me?

I know where the person stays for sure as of today, and had planned on telling them if the detective had called. Should I let the police know tomorrow where his current place of residence is?

The squeaky wheel gets the oil. Give them as much info as you have and give it to them as soon as you know. A cold lead is no lead.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Just a question, I read your build thread. It does not state where the funds to fix the damaged parts will come from. Who is paying for the repairs at this point?

jliddle

Established Member
The owner of the shop I work at ( where the truck was stored, who also happens to be the father of the boy who did the damages).

I have been waiting for 3 days for the detective to come to the shop, no sign of him yet.

Users who are viewing this thread